Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am i the only one who is thinking of trading in my doo for a nice 4x4  4wheeler ?  At least you can ride it even when it snows or not. here the weather is 5'c and rain rain rain ! perfect to go offroading but a bit hard on my track ! so if this winter dosent get any better im switching !  

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I would do it in a heartbeat....but i'm not sure I'd have the cash to buy a sled when the snow falls next year!

·
Registered
918 Posts
I agree with ZRT600MtnCat,
     I would never trade my sled in but if someone has an ATV they want to give away I'd take it!
                Ryan

·
Registered
395 Posts
I too would love to have a 4 wheeler , but I just don't see the instant exhilaration on a 4 wheeler ,like we get from our sleds.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Yeah I guess since this winter sucks my A$$ so bad, I think i would get a sea doo first though cuz they're more like a snowmobile.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
You cant go 20-80mph in 4 seconds on a 4 wheeler though

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
ATV is next on my toy list, but I'm still not selling my sled.
Whoever has the most toys when he dies, wins.

FishHog

·
Registered
308 Posts
don't give up the sleds  I have both and riding a 4 wheeler in the snow  ( while it is sort or fun)  It is nowhere near the feeling you get when you  bar the throtle on the sled.  weeeeee!!
and if you think snowmobile trails are hard to find  wait until you try to find  an atv trail.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I already have one, 1999 Polaris 500 sportsman, 4 stroke. Oh my god a FOUR STROKE!!! ...LOL. Its alot of fun in the mud and I use it alot for hunting but it's kind of a pooch.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
A 4 wheeler would be cool,but I will never give up sledding.In spring,summer and fall I hit the lakes with the Ranger.That keeps me busy.With no snow,the 4 wheeler idea sounds good.I've been on some and its nowhere near as fun as the sled.

HE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS STILL DIES.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
How could you ever trade a sled for a 4 wheeler. I cant believe some of you die hard sledders out there. We have to stick this crappy snow conditions out together

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Hey with the lack of snow in my area the last four years I would give up the sled for an atv in a heartbeat.I really hate making payments on something that sits in the garage,not getting used for 11 1/2 monthes out of the year.

·
Registered
442 Posts
i would get a 4-wheeler in a heartbeat if they had an established trail system but you cannot go places on a 4-wheeler like you can on a snowmobile because we have established snowmobile trails

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
danny,
 how could you ? slap slap and slap. i have had them all, not because of my brains but my uncle sold snowmobiles, motorcycles and everything else related to similar sport. he even had me on racing teams when i was 11. but all those things are moderate fun and do not give you the major rush that a sled gives you.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Just wait.  I have a 4 wheeler and everytime i ride it i just say "This sucks."  Its nothing to snowmobiling.

This winter still may turn around.  It only takes one storm.  One day you may wake up with 2 feet outside the door and you will forget all about this grass cutting crap we are all experincing.  

ps.  Its strange how almost everyone has no snow this year.  Some people get it but lose it.  Everyone is just dying to get out.  Its so bad that if it snows in your area within 20 min theres 600 machines riding back and forth.  

The snow will come and Ill be waiting.  

HAVE FAITH IN FEBUARY!!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Those 4 wheelers are for the birds!!!! They are boring to ride and they can even come close to the performance you can get out of a sled!!!!

I will keep my sled and hope for better winters to come!!!
You can never get bored of sledding and where you are able to go with them. There are way to many restrictions to 4 wheelers and they tear up the trails where as the sleds just uses good ole mother natures snow!!!

just my two cents worth.

·
Registered
413 Posts
This opens my eyes to something.  I expected many more snowmobilers to own quads also.  I'm gonna start another post and ask what snowmobiliers other toys are.  I really want a quad for the summer and fall, but I chose to buy a sportbike instead thinking that I would use it more.  My sportbike is as close as you can get to the rush and acceleration of a snowmobile.  

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wow i didnt expect so many replys!  OK OK OK i gonna keep the sled it was just out of frustration but i do admit that nothing comes close to the adrenaline rush you get out of a snowmobile.  But a quad for the summer would be cool also !

So what do you guys do to stop thinking of NO SNOW  

1 - 20 of 24 Posts