Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats to our sites own IndySKS and his very supportive Wife.

Dave won the OFSC Volunteer of the Year Award tonight at our Annual General Meeting.
He was selected as the winner in the District 5 nominations.
That qualified him for consideration in the province wide competition.

Dave has been such a dedicated and unselfish volunteer that has been such an asset to our District and therefore snowmobilers in general. He deserves this award so much and it's so nice that Suzanne has always been so encouraging and supportive and is a great volunteer herself.
We in District 5 are so lucky to have them both.

THANKS DAVE AND SUZANNE!!!
YOU TWO ROCK!!

Jeff

·
10,054 Posts
congrats,,, your time and effort is very much appreciated by those that ride your trails,,, keep up the great work and I wish you luck in the province wide contest!!!
Brian

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Well Done ! :thumbsup: I know your effort is appreciated very much !

Snow4

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to clarify, DAVE DID WIN THE BIG ONE!!!

Jeff

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
WTG. :thumbsup: Congratulaions on winning. And a BIG thank you for your time and effort. I'm sure the trails will be well enjoyed by the people who ride. w00t

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
way to go Dave

I knew you would win one day

btw what did he win besides the award?

I know I got a couple of goodies when I won RVOTY last year

·
Registered
752 Posts
Thanks everyone,
Everyone on here also deserves some of the credit for this award, the posts and opinions from everyone on here has helped me serve organized snowmobiling to the best of my ability.

To say I was shocked to have won these awards is a understatement. I had heard my name was possibly put in for the District Volunteer award but had hoped someone else would have won it since I had already received this award in 2002. Well early Saturday morning during the VIA awards I won the Volunteer of the year award for District 5.

Later during the Presidents dinner on Saturday evening I was sitting there watching the awards, when the Lloyd Woods Memorial Award winner was announced, the next thing I know my name is on the screen....talk about a deer in the headlights look.

The Lloyd Woods Memorial Award is presented by the OFSC to the Club Volunteer of the year in recognition of out standing dedication, enthusiasm and community spirit.

To be singled out from over 6000 volunteers that work on building our OFSC trails and to be added to a list of winners of this award is simply shocking.

Everyone deserves a piece of this reward, from the volunteer who comes out to help a few hours a year brushing a trail to those who spend hundreds of hours each year doing their part for organized snowmobiling. There are many if not hundreds of people out there that have dedicated more hours/ year for many more years than I have to organized snowmobiling, these people also deserve part of this award because we do this as a team and without the work everyone does we wouldn't have this sport to enjoy in the capacity that we do.

I look forward to working with the OFSC team of volunteers for many years and doing all I can to promote safe organized snowmobiling in Ontario.

GO TEAM OFSC !

see you all at the Go Snowmobiling Show

·
Registered
752 Posts
btw what did he win besides the award?

I know I got a couple of goodies when I won RVOTY last year[/b]
Yes there are a few goodies that come with this award, thanks to the generous sponsors and partners of the OFSC.

I look forward to enjoying a couple of these already.....could someone please make it snow!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
See Dave, there's another example of you forever being a great ambassador for our beloved sport. I believe that was mentioned on your nomination form. Of course I've only heard that. I wouldn't have a clue what was on there. lol

Dave said, "I look forward to working with the OFSC team of volunteers for many years and doing all I can to promote safe organized snowmobiling in Ontario."

Thanks Buddy. Now I have it in writing. LMAO.

I do agree with you that there are many volunteers out there that deserve this award and you're absolutely right, but THIS YEAR, none deserved it more than you. Keep it up.

Yes James, we had a great time and good business was conducted.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Congrats, Dave! We've never met, but I have been reading your posts on the forums for years.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Dave are you going to be attending the Go Snowmobiling show? I'll be up on Saturday, so will try to drop by and see you.

Congrats on the award. Your insight as to what goes on in OFSC land is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Great Job Dave,

Truly a super role model for all current and future volunteers and riders.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dave will be at the District 5 and the OFSC booth all 3 days as far as I know.

I'll be there Friday at the District 5 booth only.
Stop by and see us if you're going.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
It would be a pleasure for me to met both of you on Friday. Congratulations Dave on your win; we win too through you hard work and tireless efforts. Thanks.

Keep up the good work.

Note to myself: I'd better start making a list to make sure that I don't miss anything on Friday. Enjoy the show fellow riders.

Snowfun.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Dave are you going to be attending the Go Snowmobiling show? I'll be up on Saturday, so will try to drop by and see you.[/b]
I''ll be there all weekend....somewhere, if we have enough help in the booth I just might be cruising around. The volunteers in the D5 booth will know how to find me.

I look forward to meeting any and all of you this weekend.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts