Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What town? :thumbsup:

I want to get familiar with who is from Maine so we can exchange trail conditions in your neck of the woods when the snow starts piling up.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Im in portland. What town u from? I mostly ride in southern maine, near sebago lake, and all around that area. Sometimes I go up north to rangelely and moosehead too.

·
Registered
310 Posts
SWEET!! Maybe we can hook up and go riding or something. Do you know where West-Port is?? I start work there on Tuesday. part time that is.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey sledcrazy, i'm from n.h. just over the border, how are the trails around sebago, wide and groomed? i go to the berwick area quite a bit, my son lives there. We go to rangley a few times, i have a camp on china lake just above augusta that we go to a few times a season.Looking for some nice trails a bit closer that rangley and China for day trips. Can u point out any other places south maine thats good riding, thanks.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I live just outside Augusta and ride the Greenville, Forks, Bingham area most of the time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I live in Gorham, about 2 miles from the south tip of Sebago. I try to ride around here as much as possible, but a good amount of my miles are put on in either Rangeley or Moosehead.

By the way, I grew up in China. Trails are pretty good when there is snow.

·
Registered
310 Posts
ZRTJACK, sebago is awesome riding, you can hook up on ITS 89 I think it is and go anywhere. The farther north you go the better the trails get. Southern maine some of the trails are small and ####ty. But sebago northward is awesome trails.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm from Gorham too. Ride the trails around here, up toward Sebago, and the Fryburg area. Also own a camp in The Forks not too far from Jackman. Lets hope we have some REAL snow around here this year.

·
Registered
79 Posts
From Greenfield, NH. Hope to ride some of those great trails in Maine that I keep hearing about. Don't know if you have heard, but the word is out - riding in Twin Mt. has started. They have a good 6" frozen base with 8" to 9" on top and more snow forecasted for this week. Hope to head up that way the end of the week.
Later this year we should try to get a"Snowmobile World.Com" ride in planned somewhere in the Northeast. SWRules

·
Registered
310 Posts
wait wait wait, where is that?? I get my license quite soon, and ive gotta trailer. sooooo i think ill be headin there! :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Twin Mt., NH. Travel across to Berlin, NH and and pick up Rte. 16 to Twin Mt.. You can park across from Bretton Woods Ski area. This place is set up to handle 50 or so trucks and trailers. Great place for a first ride. Go to twinmtnsnowmobile.com. This is the club site. They give trail conditions when the trails open Dec 15th and have a map online that is useful. They have not started posting conditions yet. Got this info from trailconditions.com - go to NH. Mark

·
Registered
692 Posts
attn rangley riders went there last year ate at sargents bar you must eat there!!! get the filet the best one i ever had i mean the best 5!! i ever had. a good ride from rangely to pittsburg nh.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I live in OOB, work in Sportland. I ride in eustis,jackman, rangeley, stratton and anywhere my sled takes me

·
Registered
77 Posts
I do most of my riding around Lake Winnipesauke in NH. But I was looking at taking a trip to sugar loaf. I looked at map quest and driving is like 156 miles. Do you need to have insurance to ride in Maine? How much is registration in Maine? :blahblah:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts