Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many of u guys have a trip set up this winter all ready??  I hopen snow is alittle better in Michigan this year. But lets just talk about places people are headed!

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I can't say that I have a trip planned. We ride generally in Vilas Co. Wisc.(the snowmobile capital of the world  
)when the snow is good. Or I just put miles on in my imediate area.

I would like to hook up with a few guys,like Yarek. I never met my Daddy yet.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hopefully gonna do the "snowmobilers from ####" trip, its about a week long, and a few weekend trips to the cottage.  I live in such a good snowmobiling area that I put a ton of miles on around home.

·
Registered
858 Posts
If I can find a job with a good enough boss, I will take a week and maybe a bit more and ride till I physically can't stand on my sled
 I have a couple 600 + km's that I would like to doo and maybe a job up north near James bay which will require me to drive  a sled a couple hours a day  
I'm basically planning in ridding in Quebec untill the transCanada trail opens in 2 yrs  

·
Registered
303 Posts
I live in norther Indiana, already have three trips ready to go, the exact day and time of departure is yet to be determinded but which weekend is set

Dec 27-- weekend in Gaylord, given snow
Jan 32 -- weekend in cadillic, given snow
feb 28 -- Up, up by SSM, better be snow by then

I hoping this all works out and they I actually get to put miles on the new sled this year.  I better!!!

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Starting to plan our northern blastoff from New Liskeard. 6 days of riding. Rooms are booked in New Liskeard, just have to make the other arrangements.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Nothing "planned", but will probably meet up with my bestfriend and ride in the UP for a weekend. He's short on weekends because he races, so maybe I better call him now and make plans. lol
My parents live up in Houghton Lake, so I'll probably ride up there too.
Man, I can't wait till winter!!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
There is never a lot of snow in my area that we can count on, so we have a standing trip planned to Northern Ontario every winter with friends and family.  Usually in Feb. we head north of Sudbury and usually take a ride up to Timmins and stay a night.  We usually leave on a Friday and come back the following Sunday.  This year I might have to make it a two week trip to make up for last year since we didn't get to go.  I forget the name of the place we stay at now.  I'll check.  We used to stay at Three Bears Camp near Shinning Tree.  Anyone ride that area?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Only been thru there in the summer. A friend has stayed in the area sledding though.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
We have all decided to quit making plans because we allways wind up canceling because of bad conditions  

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Hoping to do a trip to either Old Forge or Cadilac the week of Spring Break (first week of March), provided that there is snow!!  

·
Registered
752 Posts
jayjaysin, I have friends that have cottages in Gogama and have ridden there a number of times. Nice riding in that area and basically no traffic.
No big trips set for me yet this year I will wait to see where the snow is ......or if there is snow ....I like to try different areas each year for atleast one trip . Going to New liskard is starting to get boring I have rode the trails more there than some of my own clubs trails. Maybe the RAP tour around Algonquin Park ??

Go4it :
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hopefully gonna do the "snowmobilers from ####" trip[/b][/quote]

Where or what is that exactly ?

·
Registered
404 Posts
My truck and trailer is already hooked up and running...just waiting for the first flake, just kidding, but I'll be ready to roll where ever it takes!!

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
If anyone is planning a RAP tour, let me know, I've done it once & my parents did it the winter of '01.

Indy, w/ the Ontario info you get from me, you shouldn't have any problems planning a trip. The only thing is the trails in the Haliburton area suck on the weekends. Depending on where you start, you can avoid them.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Going to spend a week in Elk Lake riding the TATA trails as usual. There are a lot of good day loops (200 to 300k) from there and you can always count on lots of the white stuff.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Rollo, find out from Troy Wilson @ Auld Reekie Lodge in Gowganda if the Elk Lake club got a new tractor. He's the club president. They had problems with the Massey last winter. We were thru Elk Lake twice a week apart & both times the trails were brutal.

In an email he said the tractor screwed up twice & was down for a couple of weeks. He was sorry about the conditions. 2 years ago when we went thru, the trails were perfect, so I knew something must have been wrong.

Also, have you or IndySKS rode from Elk Lake to Timmins via Matachewan & Gogama? I'm curious about running that way from New Liskeard, instead of going up TOP A to Val Gagne and over.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Jayjaysin, I ride that area quit a bit, our cottage is close to there, good aggressive riding, love the power line trail.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Indy sks, the snowmobiler riders from #### trip is around a thousand miles. its about 150 guys, who all meet in Northbay and ride through quebec and back into Ontario.  The trip cost about $500. and that includes all your hotel rooms, oil and booze. {in the hotel room}, and also quebec trail permit.  The trip is five days, four nites.  The trip is at the end of feb.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts