Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
I am down near Binghamton/Elmira....In Sayre, Pa....but I can spit out my window and hit NY....is that close enough? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey raceguy where did everyone go? Last year it was a lot busier here. :sleeping:

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Hey raceguy where did everyone go? Last year it was a lot busier here. :sleeping:[/b]
Hmmmm....I dunno? :unsure:

I was up by you a few weeks ago when I bought a trailer from a guy from Lewiston....I told him all about SW.com, and the great folks here, and told him to check it out....he seemed like a great guy.
I think he told me he rides a shiny new doo....

I am hoping to get up to watch some sled racing in Boonville in Feb....if there's snow!
(it's actually snowing here as I type, and I can honestly say that this is the first time this winter that my yard has been white) :thumbsup:

Won't be long and it'll be time to break out the race cars again, so I am hopeful we get some decent snow to do some riding soon! :wink:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you ride around your area or head north to Tug Hill or over to Letchworth Park? It's been snowing south of me but we'll have to wait and see if it lasts through the weekend. It is supposed to start getting colder starting next week an stay that way for a while.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Do you ride around your area or head north to Tug Hill or over to Letchworth Park? It's been snowing south of me but we'll have to wait and see if it lasts through the weekend. It is supposed to start getting colder starting next week an stay that way for a while.[/b]

I do most of my riding near me....I can trailer about 20 miles to Rome, Pa (where my parents live) get on the sled and go all day. (there are a few places to stop for fuel, chow)

I also have family that live in Boonville, and Forestport, so if the weather ever get's decent, I can haul on up there. (gotta get the proper NY credentials in order first)

I plan on checking out the sled races in Boonville in Feb., once again that is if the weather cooperates....should be a good time.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like a great time. :thumbsup: How are the trail systeems out your way? Well marked?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Maybe some snow and good riding will bring 'em around???[/b]
Ok -Ok I'M here! Longspur and I had good snow yesterday! Now where were you? Yes this forum is " THE QUIET ZONE"! Be back on "the other"

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
Snow Saturday night? If it does, might be heading down to the camp (70 miles) for Sunday and Monday-plenty of room to sleep. Pete-you up for it? They had about 14" of base, might be some more. Sledshed, you are welcome too. Call me if you want to go-my number is on the NYSSA site.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Once we get some good snow that will be it . The 4 users of this site may be gone too. I will make an effort to keep those who do remain informed of the conditions of where I ride.

Pete/ny, my Buddy dropped by yesterday and had a hard time beleiving there was snow in Colden until I showed him the pictures. I think I may be able to convince him to buy a permit for next year.

Sleds look as good as new now. We rode for 3 hours and I have spent 4 hours going over them. That black sled had tons of muck on it and was not easy getting it off.

Talk with you soon. :)

Brent

·
Registered
521 Posts
Once we get some good snow that will be it . The 4 users of this site may be gone too. I will make an effort to keep those who do remain informed of the conditions of where I ride.

Pete/ny, my Buddy dropped by yesterday and had a hard time beleiving there was snow in Colden until I showed him the pictures. I think I may be able to convince him to buy a permit for next year.

Sleds look as good as new now. We rode for 3 hours and I have spent 4 hours going over them. That black sled had tons of muck on it and was not easy getting it off.

Talk with you soon. :)

Brent
[/b]
Brent- Yes the trails are nice here when theres snow nice here . I found mud everywheres-EVEN in the 1 pocket of my bibs!! Good thing for hot water!! Sleds ready to go again.Looking good for the next week up North,can't say the same for locally but if these temps keep low, the lakes will be making ice. Talk to you later. Pete

·
Registered
107 Posts
Brent- Yes the trails are nice here when theres snow nice here . I found mud everywheres-EVEN in the 1 pocket of my bibs!! Good thing for hot water!! Sleds ready to go again.Looking good for the next week up North,can't say the same for locally but if these temps keep low, the lakes will be making ice. Talk to you later. Pete[/b]
Pete.

Next time you will be washing pure snow off.

Did you end up going down for that BBQ thingy in Arcade Today?

We are suppose to be getting some Big ice storm later Today. That should set up a real good base as temperatures are to fall as well.

Later

·
Registered
521 Posts
Pete.

Next time you will be washing pure snow off.

Did you end up going down for that BBQ thingy in Arcade Today?

We are suppose to be getting some Big ice storm later Today. That should set up a real good base as temperatures are to fall as well.

Later
[/b]
Brent- yes I hope youre right on that.No we didnt go to the BBQ as I had to put the plow on the truck and make sure my Generator is all set to go just in case the weathermen are right for once with the big storm which will probably turn out to be a fizz like their other forecasts have been. Later. Pete

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey cbt1124 that is a classic sled you have there. :thumbsup: Pete and longspur I am hoping for some descent riding weather next weekend. I 'll be in for a ride if there is.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey Pete/ny , see that water those guys went threw. Looks cleaner than the puddles we went a across the other day. Looks like that old sled has hit the bottom , good thing it wasn't deeper or he would of needed your floater suit.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts