Snowmobile World banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
another new yorker here. im from genesse county. if any of you dont know where that it, is near polar wave, the snow tubing place, and area 51 motocross track.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Can't Wait to get out. Where's the good snow?[/b]
Hello Sledchick-- if you find out where the good snow is-PLEASE inform the rest of us NYers and we will be there!! Sure as heck isn't around Youngstown!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey Pete/ny , see that water those guys went threw. Looks cleaner than the puddles we went a across the other day. Looks like that old sled has hit the bottom , good thing it wasn't deeper or he would of needed your floater suit.[/b]
yeah thats my dad hes quite the noob sometimes when crossing water- it ws 3 ft or so on the left side of the pic. He thinks slow is the best im like uhh yeah FAST is keyy on water crossing!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Guys,

I'm about 1/2 hour south of Syracuse, It's been pretty pathetic here (although I am lookin at a couple of inches as I write this with snow every day in the 10 day!!) I was just wondering if any of you are up North, last I heard the trails weren't worth the drive? I need to at least get my sled out of the garage this year! Let me Know if any of you have heard anything!

·
Registered
107 Posts
The Colden Trail Riders Snowmobile Club, Inc.
What Snowmobiling Is All About!
P.O. Box 165, Colden, NY 14033
Club Info (716)-662-5601

Sledfest is postponed to January 27th

The Colden Trail Riders and the Edge present Sledfest 2007 on Saturday, January 27th at Colden Lakes Resort!

This year's Snowmobile poker run proceeds benefit The Variety Club of WNY.

Registration is $30 and will begin (day of) at 10am.

The first 100 people to register will receive an official Sledfest 2007 long sleeve T-shirt.

Registration includes dinner, trail dues, and a raffle ticket for the chance to win a 2006 Arctic Cat 600 Crossfire.

All registrants will have the chance to win some great prizes!

Think snow!

-Shredd

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey New Yorkers,
I live near Rochester, ride a little down here, but mainly up in Eagle Bay, Old Forge area

I was up there last weekend too, but we didnt go into the trails. Im in Eagle Bay and Trail 5 was too bad, but we did take Uncus raod to the tap room in Raqette lake. Came back in the rain :( .

·
Registered
55 Posts
how was the trails to the tap room usually have to ride that road that goes past all those cool cabins on the right - the road looked a lil thin- As for trail 5 was bad 10 was closed south shore road i heard was good and moose river plans area. last weekend

·
Registered
347 Posts
we have a nice ice base, and about 4 inches of powder here. just enoug to rip around th yard and up and down the feilds surroudning me, but definetly not enough for the trail system.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just wondering if there is anybody else here? Seems like I'm here by myself.[/b]
Hell0. I'm from Onondaga county and ride there and Cayuga county with a few trailer trips wherever the snow is each year. Finally got some riding in last night! Just enough snow here but I was desperate. Did not hit the marked trails though. It is forecast to be cold with snow towards the end of the week. Hopefully next weekend can go for a long ride.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Attica area is a little sparce, 3-4". This site should pick up if the snow does. Still not enough in my yard to ride to were the snow is, if the snow is. South of Attica usually gets more snow than my area so if I trailer there it might be doo-able. I still need to scout it out to see if it's worth it. Still haven't registered yet. I don't think it will happen this year for us. I feel like NY is Viginia lately. :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
From springville here, its still pretty decent as of today. After tomorrow though will be a different story,warm and rain. Go figure.

·
Registered
22 Posts
hi there from massena ny about 6 hours northeast of buffalo on canadian border.hoping we get more snow this year not much this past winter in process of rebuilding motor on exciter 570 hope to get some use out of it

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
hi there from massena ny about 6 hours northeast of buffalo on canadian border.hoping we get more snow this year not much this past winter in process of rebuilding motor on exciter 570 hope to get some use out of it[/b]
I bought a sled for my daughter up that way a couple years ago (97 Puma 340). Still running great-I lived in Plattsburgh for a few many eyars ago. Loved listening to CHOM-FM out of Montreal. Was suprised to suddenly find it againa s I was travelling up there to get the sled!

21 - 40 of 69 Posts