Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last sping I ordered a Black REV 600 Sport with RER/DPM. It still has not showed up yet :angry: . This was the first Ski-Doo I ever bought, and my first new snowmobile ever. This has been a real disappointing experiance. This is the LAST ski-doo I buy because their customer service is crap :cussing: . They can't tell me when it is coming in, or if it is even built. Everything is "confidential" according to them :cussing: . I was planning a trip this coming weekend, but can't go because I have no sled :cussing: :cussing: . Earlier in the fall I recieved an E-mail from them stating that it would be in before the start of the season. Here the season has started and no sled :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: .

Sorry for ranting, but is Ski-Doo the only ones with this problem, or do other manufacturers treat people this way too ??? ?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hey Spin,

Real sorry to hear you are having problems with SD.

A local dealer here has them on the floor??? Sure its not a dealer problem?

I agree and would be pissed at SD too, and under "normal" circumstances I would do as you say --make it my last purchase from SD... but it ain't gonna happen--

The REV is so sweet you are not going to want anything else, and quite frankly you would be wasting your money, they got us this time! But I know the frustration, it must be maddening! hang in there it WILL be worth the wait.

What is confidential about "your" order? That's crap! Is the dealer in trouble with SD? How much of your money does the dealer have?

You gotta get back on the phone to SD direct (not the dealer) and persistantly ask to speak with a supervisor and keep asking until you can get someone that has some authority. They gotta be able to allocate one from a local dealer...

good luck, let us know what happens!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Spin,

I know the frustration that your going through. I ordered the same Rev model, black 600Ho with RER and DPM, and still haven't received mine yet as well. My dealer tells me that the last production run coming from the factory will be this week and they should be getting the shipment shortly. I'm starting to believe that he is making up stories just to keep me patient. I switched from AC to get this sled. I agree with viper though, I think the wait will be worth it. Everything I've heard about the Rev's has been positive so far. I guess that is why I'm impatient, Can't wait to drive it!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I was just in at my dealer yesterday and they were just taking one out of the crate. Black 600HO with DPM and RER. It is a sweet looking sled. He said they are receiving the last of them next week. This is a small town in MN so I hope yours are on the way also.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by mxz600rer@Dec 4 2002, 11:16 AM
I was just in at my dealer yesterday and they were just taking one out of the crate. Black 600HO with DPM and RER. It is a sweet looking sled. He said they are receiving the last of them next week. This is a small town in MN so I hope yours are on the way also.
If there showing up in MN maybe today they will work their way down to IA.

Still wondering if any other manufacturer does this?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:D It came in today. I am still upset that I had to wait until the 1st week of December with no indication of when it would come in. I am very happy it is here. I will try to post pics when I get it home this weekend.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Spin
What town are you from? I went through the same ordeal last season. Did not get my sled till the 17th of Dec. Where are you riding this weekend?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Still waiting on rev 600ho rer. I have never been so mad in my life. Viper you say you dealer has them on the floor what is the price. If it is not much more than i paid maybe i might go get one from him.

·
Registered
387 Posts
2002-

Not sure of the price but here are two dealers that "had" them... I know they won't last long.

Freds Sport Motors (syracuse my dealer) 315-446-7256

Hollis Motors (changed their name to adult toys or something, sounds like a dildo factory...) just north of Syracuse 315-298-5779

·
Registered
72 Posts
vtjq,
I live in Fairfax and ride my local trails when we have enough snow, but I do most of my riding in the Jaypeak area, Eden,Derby,IslandPond and out St.Johnsbury way as well. I'll go most anywhere that there is good snow cover. I like groomed trails, so I trailer where I find the best trails. If I was richer and had the time, I would take the whole winter off from work and explore the whole NorthEast from both sides of the border and just be in sled heaven! :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Still waiting for my 800 SDI Legend..... I agree with Spin, they are being real quite this year on late sleds....not sure why but I've been giving my dealer a lot of cr#p lately.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by 2tone800X@Dec 4 2002, 06:01 PM
Spin
What town are you from? I went through the same ordeal last season. Did not get my sled till the 17th of Dec. Where are you riding this weekend?
I live in State Center, bought the sled in Independence. The dealer has been really good to me, but Ski-Doo is a different story. I was planning on going to the UP, but we already canceled our plans. Its probably best that way. There will probably be a lot of people up there and I'm sure the trails will be crap. Plans are already starting for next weekend though. I just hope more places get snow.

·
Registered
161 Posts
i will also say that its worth the wait!!! i rode tug hill , ny last sunday...this thing is a dream guys...did 60 miles, the best 60 miles in my life...it really sucks up the bumps and those precisin skis are sweet!.....its hard to really explain everyting...you just have to experience it for yourself....hang in there guys!! oh and for u guys in VT...ill see yous after the 15th.....usually unload at woodford or in arlington at kelly's stand....LETS RIDE!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
BOMBI called me today and told me my 800SDI Legend is on the truck and on its way to my dealer. Dealer states 1-5 days depending on how many stops truck takes. I liver in Maine so, there shouldn't be too many. Its about time....

·
Registered
25 Posts
I can't believe what I'm hearing. I just bought a black 600 Rev Sport today. I was at 2 other dealers out of town yesterday and they have every version of Rev you could imagine, even James Bond editions.

What a difference. I live in northern Ontario.

Raven

·
Registered
468 Posts
YEAH same here i live in sask and from the 3 or 4 dealers i have talked to you can get any rev you want,and yes even that ugly bond version.the sled i can't find is a two -tone adrenaline 600 h.o

·
Registered
81 Posts
Based on my conversations with Bombi, I believe that all REV's have been completed. The only thing left is the Legend & Grand Touring SDI, and the 4 stroke.

·
Registered
81 Posts
How about it, anybody out there STILL waiting for their snowchecked sleds??? My 800 SDI Legend is still not here. Dealer got a crate that had my name on it but it wasn't my sled. I will NEVER NEVER snowcheck a sled from Ski-Doo again.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Sorry to hear that Trail Cruiser. :( I've never "Ordered" a sled,,, just bought one off the floor). I know you'd been happy with it,, happier of course if you'd had it before first snowfall ahe?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts