Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to why you can still get a brand new 2006 Polaris snowmobile at a greatly reduced rate? Is the Polaris brand not a good name and a hard one to sell? I have heard that the Polaris has engine issues, would this sway people away from buying one.

I'm starting to look for a machine for the wife for the upcoming season and since the Polaris is being sold at a reduced price perhaps I should get one for her providing there are not major issues with it. We live in Florida and would only put about 200/500 miles on the machine within a 10 day period.

Thoughts?

Richard

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,122 Posts
Hey Richard,

There are always leftovers from the previous years inventory for all brands. Most times it's not due to a particular brand or model problem. Many times you can find one 2 or more years old that is still brand new. You just have to shop around some. The dealer that I deal with is one of, if not the largest dealer of new old stock sleds in Michigan. If you're interested, let me know and I'll get you a name and number to call.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I'm thinking you can find new '05 machines for sale. As mentioned, it's not just Polaris, it's industry wide and has been going on for many years.

If you're thinking Polaris, probably a good idea to ask around about the '05 900's and the '06 FST's.

Would also suggest looking at used '07 machines right now. Still under warranty, and carefull shopping can produce some pretty special pricing on occasion. FWIW -Al

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
It's not just Polaris dealers that have leftovers.

My brother picked up a new '06 GSX 500SS near the end of this season. I saw a identical sled in a dealer's showroom when I was looking for a '07 MXZ a couple of weeks later.

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you're thinking Polaris, probably a good idea to ask around about the '05 900's and the '06 FST's.[/b]
Yeah, stay away from any 900 polaris or any FST - problem sleds.

This spring I was seeing new leftover 03 Indy 500's and Supersports for as low as $3600. My local Polaris dealer has 06 600 & 700 Fusions still sitting in the crates + a few more on the showfloor. I'm patiently waiting for the prices to drop well under $5000 for a 600 Fusion, then I may take a bite at it. Under $5K for a new sled with a warrantee, not a bad deal there.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Yeah, stay away from any 900 polaris or any FST - problem sleds.
:huh: I would have to disagree with that !!! I have an 06 900 Fusion and so do a few others on here and to my knowledge not any of us have had any problems !!! I will put my 900 Fusion against any other machine out there !!!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
there have been a lot of non current 05 poo 600's in the edge chassis for extremely low prices around ontario for awhile. i know a few people who own them and i would not hesisitate to buy one for my gf or second sled. they're not the greatest on fuel but from my experience with them i have noticed they're just as reliable, if not more reliable than most of the sleds out there.

id put it against the reliability of my rev any day of the week. let us know what you're looking at buying for some reviews.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Considering the lack of use and having to trailer them up from Florida, cost of added fuel trailering and buying and wear and tear and maintaining the trailer, (grease, tires, wires and lights.) costs of sleds, costs of insurance on your sleds, maintaining the sleds, buying trail permits, etc. have you considered just renting a couple of sleds when you make your trips up north? Just a thought.

Dollar for dollar, I would think it be cheaper and you'd always be riding new sleds.

Jeff

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Considering the lack of use and having to trailer them up from Florida, cost of added fuel trailering and buying and wear and tear and maintaining the trailer, (grease, tires, wires and lights.) costs of sleds, costs of insurance on your sleds, maintaining the sleds, buying trail permits, etc. have you considered just renting a couple of sleds when you make your trips up north? Just a thought.

Dollar for dollar, I would think it be cheaper and you'd always be riding new sleds.

Jeff[/b]
It would be cheaper to just rent but I have such so much fun owning a snowmobile in Florida plus, "It is better to own and sit in the garage than not to own at all!"

I know hat you mean though.

Richard

·
Registered
112 Posts
...not to mention the badass waterskipping, passing jet skis - seeing the look on peoples faces. LOL. I'd be out skipping every weekend!!!

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Guys you do realize he has a Z570 and is looking for a sled for his WIFE

so there is no point getting a sled with 3 times the power

I would look at left over Indy 500s or Fusion 600s they both are Polaris best sleds ever produced,and can be had for cheap

and yes stay away from the 900 or FST,there is a reason they dropped the 900 and there is a laundry list for the 06 FST

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Guys you do realize he has a Z570 and is looking for a sled for his WIFE

so there is no point getting a sled with 3 times the power

I would look at left over Indy 500s or Fusion 600s they both are Polaris best sleds ever produced,and can be had for cheap

and yes stay away from the 900 or FST,there is a reason they dropped the 900 and there is a laundry list for the 06 FST[/b]
Here we go again :bash: ......There is nothing WRONG with the 06 900's and no one will tell you there is except those that do not have one!!! I have owned every different make of sled and been sledding for over 30 years and the 06 900 is the best all a round sled I have owned !!! !!! !!! Hey FrezerBurnt, you have a 06 900 Fusion? As far as dropping the Fusion yes they droped it, because of the 05 problems! You will get no argument over the 05's with me but there is nothing wrong with the 06 900 Fusion or Switchbacks.

·
Premium Member
5,122 Posts
Here we go again :bash: ......There is nothing WRONG with the 06 900's and no one will tell you there is except those that do not have one!!! I have owned every different make of sled and been sledding for over 30 years and the 06 900 is the best all a round sled I have owned !!! !!! !!! Hey FrezerBurnt, you have a 06 900 Fusion? As far as dropping the Fusion yes they droped it, because of the 05 problems! You will get no argument over the 05's with me but there is nothing wrong with the 06 900 Fusion or Switchbacks.[/b]
:whatever: Take it easy, Mike. Let's let this topic go back on it's intended course. He is entitled to his opinion.

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the information. We will be in Michigan later this month and will be stopping in at a few places to see what thye have. I purchased my Arctic Cat last February from the Shiawassee Harley Dealership in Birch Run, MI. They also sell Polaris models so I need to see what they have available and at what price. I will need to get another trailer too since my machine needs 43.4 inches in width to ride. My trailer is nice for a bike or two, or a single snowmobile, but I could never fit two machines in this.
Thanks again.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
:whatever: Take it easy, Mike. Let's let this topic go back on it's intended course. He is entitled to his opinion.[/b]
:huh: Thought I was just voicing my opinion also and seeing as I own one I thought my opinion may hold some water :whistling: I'am taking it easy Keith, I'm on vacation :thumbsup:

·
Registered
361 Posts
you can get a sled form all of them for big money off but if you live in the sun shine state why do you wont a sled there is no snow there ever you must get looks form ever one down there

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
you can get a sled form all of them for big money off but if you live in the sun shine state why do you wont a sled there is no snow there ever you must get looks form ever one down there[/b]
Part of this passion is being proud of your sport ! Personally, I would be proud as heck to live in Florida and own and show off my sled. You make me proud sporting our passion Richard ! Now could you put a "think snow" sign in your front yard and really prove your passion? LOL LOL j/k

There's always a truck and trailer to take trips with !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts