Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you own a ck3 form 111 mach 1 or z from 98 up, and were looking for a new tripple, why would one buy another ck3? that makes no snese to me?
as for ski doo i think this is there thinking to get rid of the tripple! say sales are low, easy way out i would think? the mach z needs to be there!
THERE IS A MARKET FOR IT PUT THAT TRIPPLE IN A  NEW BODY AND IT WILL PROVE TO BE A WINNER I THINK AS GOOD AS THE REV?
you cant dump it with out a try!

·
Registered
242 Posts
What i'm wondering is what makes the ck3 a better chassis than say a 97' f-2000 chassis with 10 inch suspension?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a 98 Mach Z and i wouldnt trade it for all the twins in michigan,Granted its an old chassis but i love it.I have ridden some of the hi po twins and their quick but their aint nothn like the gut wrenching tork of a properly set up three lunger.As for the CK3 you just have to ride it a little harder on the trails but i love mine and would never own anything else.

·
Registered
226 Posts
RR,
 I agree and also love my 01 Mach Z tech plus.  I am 6'1" 235# and I feel cramped on the wife's ZX chassis (Form. Dlx 700 GS)
I am hoping they will have a Mach Z 1000 SDI for 2004 :eek:)

How many mile do you have on your Mach Z?

My Mach Z

Cheers,
Evel

·
Registered
226 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Evel @ Sep. 14, 2002, 12:22am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">RR,
 I agree and also love my 01 Mach Z tech plus.  I am 6'1" 235# and I feel cramped on the wife's ZX chassis (Form. Dlx 700 GS)
I am hoping they will have a Mach Z 1000 SDI for 2004 :eek:)

How many mile do you have on your Mach Z

Cheers,
Evel
[/b][/quote]
my Mach Z

·
Registered
277 Posts
Evel, looks like a rollerboogie hahahaah!!
67 boogiewheels or what??
just kidding....

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Evel, why all the wheels? How do you fully compress your suspention without a suspention arm crashing into a wheel?
I replaced all 6 of my wheels with fast's wheels [oversized] and have fantastic luck, little hifax wear and no heating problems with an 1 1/2 track.
By the way beautiful sled!!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
After being at Port Huron and Frankenmuth Grass Drags the last two weeks, I am now 1000% sure that Doo must make an 1200 triple sled. The Mach is a STRONG runner when you can do some work on it. I want to run an 1200 triple in STOCK class!!!!! Those 800 twins DO NOT compare to the good running stock Machs. There are good running sleds and really quick sleds, the good runners are twins and the really quick ones are all triples. XCR,Cat,Yam and Doo triples are visually MUCH quicker. Andrenaline Rush!!!!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Raider Rider @ Sep. 14, 2002, 11:17am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nice sled Evel,They dont come any prettier than that.MACH Z RULES!!![/b][/quote]
Thanks.. I agree. I think the Mach is one of the best looking muscle sleds ever.. I also liked the looks of my 82 Kawasaki 550 Interceptor.

Cheers,
Evel

·
Registered
226 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mikadoo @ Sep. 14, 2002, 1:21pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Evel, why all the wheels? How do you fully compress your suspention without a suspention arm crashing into a wheel?
I replaced all 6 of my wheels with fast's wheels [oversized] and have fantastic luck, little hifax wear and no heating problems with an 1 1/2 track.
By the way beautiful sled!!![/b][/quote]
MDoo,
I have not had any wheels hit anything.. I got all the dimensions from my buddy Steve Lamunion from offroad.com
I only have 2 extra wheels on each side, with the inner ones relocated.
I have jumped this sled over 40' thru the air.. Went a little faster than i wanted... Landed too much on the rear as I did not get to the brake quick enough.. I almost had a picture of it except my buddy snapped it too soon :eek:(  All he got was me just starting to launch.. I will post it on here if I can find it.

Thanks for the nice woods.. I have just over 2000 miles on it and i try to take care of it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Mdoo here is the Mach ready for lift off.. It's a shi__y pic because I took my cheapo digital camera instead of my good one. :eek:(  I was going over 50 mph and after landing I #### near ended up in the road as I could not stop :eek:)
Evel

Attachments

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
The Ck3 is a good chassie and its not OLD.  Its a year older then the ZX and the Zx isnt that old.  

The Ck3 is also light years ahead of the F chassie so dont even go there.

In the last issue of American Snowmobiler they had a question answer section with skidoo engineers.  The most questions were about the Tripple Mach and would it be back for 2004.  Well the responce was grim.

Skidoo said somthing like well we feel the market is pulling away from the triple/triple class sled and evidence of this is because 2 other manufactors pulled out last year.  But they did also say that they know there is a market for triples.

It was not the responce I was looking for, It was a pretty poor one.  

We have to save our Mach buy sending them emails addressing what you and I know, TRIPLES will SELL.  The more emails we send, the more smiles we will all have as we destroy the compition on our new Mach Z.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im not saying the ck3 is bad! lets look at it this way, how many ck3 owners or mach owners would buy a new tripple if put in the what ever , rev zx or even a new one? i think ski doo would find the maket is bigger than they think?
i will also go out on a thick limb by saying yamaha pulled the tripple too soon!

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Yamaha didn't pull the triple too soon, ever hear of the Viper?

I at one time was as big of a supporter of the CK-3 as Machzzzz1 until I spent a couple hours in the saddle of my buddies 2002 mxzX 800.  I will agree that there is no comparison in the engine department, but the mxzX excells in so many other area's.  First off, the conditions must be perfect for the my mach to beat it.  Second, there is absolutely no comaprison in ride and handling.  

To answer your original question about buying a 2003, No Freakin Way unless you only ride lakes...................

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I dont like the way the ZX Chassie feels and handles.  It puts you to far forward on the seat and makes lake crossings at high speed feel dangerous and grabby.

Other then that there both good machines.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts