Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do you like Skidoo/Rotax.  What makes you buy them over the others.  What features do you really like about them.  And do you agree with what the magazines say about your sled?

If you dont like skidoo just dont post so this topic doesnt get locked down.  Because the nature of this topic could bring on some trouble very quick.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
i like skidoo because- power , handling, looks and styling
i buy skidoo because- reliability, customer service and Technology

I love the renegade. It is the perfect sled for my style of riding. The mags were dead on with their reports on the gade.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You and Lady K seem to really like that Renagade.  I never had the chance to ride one but it sounds like a great machine.  

I probably wouldnt want one because I almost never do any powder but sounds like the Mags were right because they gave it high marks.

I have to totally disagree with the Mags about the Mach.  Its like they want to kill it just by critizising it.  They are right about a few things but I think the problem is that the test riders dont like it because its not a jumper and all they want to do is smash mogles and stuff.   They should get Ice drag racers to test all the machines.  Then you will here the true story.

I also buy doo for the same reasons.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
why did I start riding doo's? it was because I could ride a 470 and outrun most competitors in the class and the next class up.but I am starting to think doo has lost their minds putting all the eggs in one basket =REV.I think they should listen to what the consumer wants being light,smooth,powerful sleds.this being said it is not a twin that I want, I just want less weight.give me the triple with less weight,Yamaha has done it why not doo?I know there are 809 's in zx's why not doo?

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Yes if you could give me a triple in a zx chassis with a 136" skid. I would be on board in a flash.  It's like doo has turned there back on the triples.  They dont seem to care what we need, only about sales figures.  Don't they realize that if they actually put some R/D,(&#036
. They would sell alot more triples than 400/yr. I owned new tripples  in 96/97/98 and 99 but switched to a 00 mxz 700/1.25 predator for the weight savings and nimbleness of the zx.
 Your right about the mags though machzzzz1.  What is the best one year is junk to them the next, unless it gets  a new chassis, engine and so on...

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I like the security system, and the fit and finish has always been tops. Thats why bought mine in the past

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I forgot all about the DESS. Its a great feature. It makes Cats 4 different key codes a little Archaic.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
No way its nice having the same key as your friends
.....JUST JOKES  I agree Cat has to step up big time

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Looks  Power   Handling  Technology  Reliability   Customer Service    and most of all

Parts come fast because it is CANADIAN!!!! Always put money in your own economy... Skidoo jsut makes it easier to do so!!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Reliability, performance, lightweight, fast service, allot of customized and upgrade parts available, overall looks, versitility in a range of different conditions and my brother works at a dealership so 15 % cheaper for me  

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Yeah, AC just reminded me about my long lost brother that works at the dealership.

Man that 15% savings will be nice the year.  What was his name again AC?

FishHog

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just doo it.Best out of the box performance.No needed pipes,clutching like some others.Canadian sculpted.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
How doo I love thee,let me count the ways................I think you guys have already said all the reasons why we love skidoo,but lets face it we all buy doo cause they always have the coolest looking machine out there

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
This is my first full winter riding a ski doo before that i was always a polaris man.  But what hooked me first was the ZX Chassis and its awsome style.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i probably would have bought a polaris because of their popularity in the area here and not to rock the boat in the business i am in. but lucky for me i couldn't find a polaris in the 1 hour that i shopped sleds and my brother in-law has a 583 mxz so i was familiar with the doo a little. but the reason why i stay is the fit and finish is fantastic, the dealer and built here in canada.  

·
Registered
416 Posts
Sorry, but I don't ride Doo, but I will say that the fit and finish is excellant. I like the styling of the Zx chassis. I must say that I have owned Cats for 7 years now and have never thought of switching until now. The 2003 renegade 800 has really caught my eye this year. I am looking for an all around good machine that has the ability to do a little of everything and still be comfortable on the trails and have some reliability as well. I also think that Ski-Doo also has the best accessories options of the four manufactors. I could be riding a Doo next year

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Doo it fastcat.you will never regret it.if you hate that 03 gade bring it down here and i'll buy it off ya.NO S##T.Or ill trade ya for an 02mxz 700 and some $$$$

1 - 20 of 36 Posts