Snowmobile World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas why the 2003 cats have the hand/thumb warmers on the throttle side rather than on the dash or brake side of the bars? It feels real strange to try and hold the throttle and adjust them at the same time. Having the high/low beam built into the brake lever is strange too though. I went to put a green anodized brake lever on and couldn't because of the stupid headlight. New and improved eh?! LOL

·
Registered
185 Posts
:withstupid:

I agree, what were they thinking??? Here I thought the raised handlebars would be tough getting used to.... they definitely botched that one up...the old design (hand on left, thumb on right, or vice versa) was the best..... and the high / low beam switch below that on the left..... how much weight does that LITTLE ITTY BITTY switch REALLY weigh????

Seems to me some big whig's son was an "engineer" at cat and they "HAD" to put it in there.....

:0: ???

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by ZR Sled Head@Oct 17 2002, 09:50 PM
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot, what the heck where they thinking? ???
I don't regret buying the sled by and means, I just think it's retarded how they have those things set up.... ;)

·
Registered
741 Posts
PH, I used a red annodized lever on my sled. You should have asked. I think I had to drill out the thru hole a little larger and cut a notch into it for the switch. It took about two minutes. Since I drive a red truck exactly the same color as the lever, I even touched up the spot I cut out. I just used the stock one as a template. Kevin

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw that I could have made it work, but I just couldn't being myslef to taking a drill to her just yet..... :inlove:

A

·
0 Posts
Just about everything is tested in the race circuit, not too much need for headlights in that circuit. :doh:

·
Registered
24 Posts
is it that difficult or incovienient to let of the throttle for a brief moment to adjust? besides, did anyone complain when the controls where on either side of the bar? didn't you have to let off to adjust before?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With the warmers on the left, or on the dash you could do it with your left hand. It's just awkward (sp?) the way it's set up now. It's by no means something that would keep me from buying an '03 though! ;)

Last edited by phazerhater at Oct 18 2002, 08:32 AM

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Here is my thinking. If its on the throttle side, you don't have to let off the throttle to adjust it. Just take your left hand off that is not doing anything to adjust them. That's just how I end up doing mine now.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:withstupid: That's probably what I'll end up doing also. Have to get out and put some miles on though to see what feels best.haha

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I forgot to add that the only time this can be a pain is if you ride with Gauntlets instead of gloves. Then it could be a pain.

·
Registered
959 Posts
you coudl alway get one of them reverse throttles for the brake side for about 150 and have a gas on both sides to play with and then you could use the heat

·
Registered
479 Posts
To flip the brights you push the brake lever forward right???....

If you zippin through the woods and come around a corner meeting on coming sleds do you turn the brights of to be a nice guy or do you grap the brake to avoid hitting some thing!!! ???

·
Registered
27 Posts
If your reaction time is that slow that you cant dim the lights and then hit the binders, I dont think you should be riding an Arctic Cat. :cussing:

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by spaceout_02@Oct 19 2002, 06:44 PM
If your reaction time is that slow that you cant dim the lights and then hit the binders, I dont think you should be riding an Arctic Cat. :cussing:
You can't honestly tell me that you think it's "safer" to have to push the brake forward and back as opposed to the old thumb switch. I don't think it's going to cause a crash, but I also don't think that it's an "improvement" over the old style.
If you prefer it that way though, more power to ya!! :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts