Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because they claim 150 HP? Nope, my mach has around 170.
Because they claim it'll do over 130? Nope, Because I really believe my mach will beat it.
Because it's pretty? Nope, I think my mach looks cooler.
Because I think it will outhandle an MX, XC or ZR? Nope, I really don't care if it will stay on their ###'s in the tight and twisties (I do think it will be respectable).

I ordered this sled because of the technology!

I ordered it because it's a 4-stoke.

Think of it, no more worries about jetting or fouled plugs, or do I have enough injector oil to make it back. (No oil worries at all because I changed it before I came up) Does the party store sell the brand of injector oil I use? It's How much per quart earl? $10.00! (the toothless 45 year old party store clerk replies) It's not that much at home I say, "you ain''t home sonny" he replies again.
Lookng at your gas gauge and thinking to yourself; Uh oh, I have ridden 60 miles, better start looking for gas, compared to going 180 miles and then starting to look. Not worrying if you are really pumping premium or watered down sludge,(87 for the RX-1 vs. 91 or higher for my mach) Hate to have a meltdown miles from the motel like Bob did yesterday, good thing he brought up his spare everest.
Allowing the sled to idle at night so your buddy can see while he tries to figure out what plug fouled on his 2-stroke (for the third time in an hour) while you don't have a concern about your plugs or having to keep reving it to brighten things up.

Do I like the sound of the RX-1, well, truth be told, It''s AWESOME! Can''t wait to call Vance and Hines.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Mightymach, I don't blame you at all, if I was ordering a sled next year that is what I would buy.The only thing I would do is put a 136 in track.  But I have to keep mine for another couple years.  My father inlaw is buying one, he is getting the red one, what colour are you getting.

·
Registered
258 Posts
You don't have to explain yourself to anybody.  At this point, it looks like this sled and others like it to follow could save this sport.  There is big talk about how a 2 stroke can make a cleaner machine than a 4 but so far....  unless we race I'll tell you that my MXZ will beat your Mach!    Talk is cheap.

I give Yamaha all the credit in the world and if I had the cash right now I'd strongly consider one myself.  Almost luckily for me I don't, so I get to see what the other manufacturers counter with.  

I have much more respect for Yamaha now, I don't care where they are made.  Buying American or Canadian won't mean squat if we can't ride them anywhere.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I just cant understand why you ordered one so fast when next month bombardier will unleash there new machines.  Who knows maybe bombardier will have a 4 cylinder 4 stroke with turbo or somthing.  And you can bet styling will be much greater then yamaha.  

I dont think there will be any bugs on this yamaha because its a proven engine and they had 4 years to see if the chassie is worth anything so there probably wont be bugs.  

It sure is a cool machine but im going to wait another few years before i buy or even look at anything else.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Color you ask?  I'm a sucker for Yamaha blue, besides it'll match my quad.  However, I do want to see the red in person.Why did I order now?  To be sure I get one.  I'm really tight with my dealer that also sells Ski-doo and he assured me that if ski-doo pulls something to upstage Yamaha I can switch my order over. Besides, he allowed me to order with $0 down, so tell me what I have to lose?

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Actually i think it might be real nice to have a melody of different sounds coming down the trail, screamers and thumpers.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Yeah but unlike other snowmobiles this new melody is aimed right at the rider behind you.  I think this sled is going to be louder then a 2 stroke.  Plus the exhaust is aimed right out the back.  

But man it looks cool.  

Mightymach. Have a little faith in skidoo.  I read your post and you sound well set up at your dealer but I really think that this yamahas fire will be extinguished with what ever bombardier comes out with.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mightymach I have one question? 180 miles on one tank , did you drive one to see that this makes 3 times the gas millage of your sled.

Let me remember before I switched to Ski doo about 10 years ago I had to replace my drive chain on my 5000km yamaha venture  it cost me 185.00 cdn yes 185 my eyes almost popped out when the dealer told me . I put the thing back together the next  day and traded it for a doo. Just to let you know that yam parts are very expensive.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm waiting to see how much for insurance on them.  Also any kind of thief device?   I'll admit it is a very nice sled.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
The Yamaha 4-stroke will not be louder than our present 2 cycles, unless of course those two mufflers facing out the rear are hollow  

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Moved by moderator to a more suitable forum.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
If any one wants  one you'd better hurry up and order as they are going faster than any other sled in years past. I checked my mail from yam @ 2am and immediatly proceded to call my dealers answering machine. 2 for me,blue and red will make me smile.  I'm glad I didn't buy that xc700 on tuesday now. I'll be real pissed if I have to travel 600 or more miles for snow next year.

P.S. ZMachMan  has anyone been able to beat you yet this season?
Caleb

·
Registered
116 Posts
4 strokes still have carbs and jets, if i remember correctly, they come jetted lean to keep emissions down, I'm sure you'll have to re-jet it for easier starting and better (smoother)carburetion.  I still for some unforsaken reason think that this new 4 stroke if widely successful, has just hastened the death of my beloved two strokes.....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey, kid rocker, this is the "watch Machzzz1 try to convince everybody to buy Doo 2-stroke sleds and keep 4-strokers out of the industry" forum.
    I am just yanking your chain, Machzzz1. It is actually good to see someone so passionate about his choice in machines.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I personally have owned AC, Skidoo now I ride Yamaha and I have to say that yamaha's are my choice. I think that just the savings in inject. oil,  I run KLOTZ and at $27/gal x 6 gal./season would be enough reason to buy the RX-1. One thing bothers me though, How can you take a 1000cc 4CYL 4 STROKE engine put it into a sled with an updated/advanced suspension and all the other goodies and (ONLY) charge $500 more for it than a 700cc 3CYL 2 STROKE? Dont go off on me everyone im not trying to piss in anyones wheaties just my thoughts on the matter.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
mightymach,
 just the maintence and the gas mileage is the reason to go.  i am not ready yet but i can see one in my future when i will want a four stroker. some are saying that a 4 stroke won't rev like a 2 stroke but my last motorcycle was a 1977 kawasaki 1000 ltd and if i remember its revs were in the 8 to 10 grand range.

S

·
0 Posts
Hope its not an issue in your future but, i wonder what it would cost to fix the engine(4 stroke) if it blows up?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts