Snowmobile World banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Originally posted by MightyMach@Jan 17 2002, 09:43 PM
Because they claim 150 HP? Nope, my mach has around 170.
Because they claim it'll do over 130? Nope, Because I really believe my mach will beat it.
Because it's pretty? Nope, I think my mach looks cooler.
Because I think it will outhandle an MX, XC or ZR? Nope, I really don't care if it will stay on their ###'s in the tight and twisties (I do think it will be respectable).

I ordered this sled because of the technology!

I ordered it because it's a 4-stoke.

Think of it, no more worries about jetting or fouled plugs, or do I have enough injector oil to make it back. (No oil worries at all because I changed it before I came up) Does the party store sell the brand of injector oil I use? It's How much per quart earl? $10.00! (the toothless 45 year old party store clerk replies) It's not that much at home I say, "you ain''t home sonny" he replies again.
Lookng at your gas gauge and thinking to yourself; Uh oh, I have ridden 60 miles, better start looking for gas, compared to going 180 miles and then starting to look. Not worrying if you are really pumping premium or watered down sludge,(87 for the RX-1 vs. 91 or higher for my mach) Hate to have a meltdown miles from the motel like Bob did yesterday, good thing he brought up his spare everest.
Allowing the sled to idle at night so your buddy can see while he tries to figure out what plug fouled on his 2-stroke (for the third time in an hour) while you don't have a concern about your plugs or having to keep reving it to brighten things up.

Do I like the sound of the RX-1, well, truth be told, It''s AWESOME! Can''t wait to call Vance and Hines.

:D  :D  :D  :D :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
No need to explain yourself to others. Only those feeling guilty do that. :D Your no more fouled plugs made me laugh. My buddies RX 1 has fouled 2 sets. Dealer didn't stock them the first time it happened. Fuel economy aint much better. His sled maybe uses 4-5 litres of fuel less than mine on a trip. Enjoy it though.

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
Yamwarrior-

I just sent you a PM ref. insurance.

--------
Rob,

Iwonder why he fouled plugs. Was something out of adjustment? I have the original plugs in mine, never a problem. And 15 MPG isn't great, but it's a lot better than my Wildcat 700 got-50 miles and I was starting to plan the next gas stop.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Originally posted by MightyMach@Jan 17 2002, 09:43 PM

Think of it, no more worries about jetting or fouled plugs
That's the reason why I bought an EFI Cat.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Originally posted by rob7374@Feb 12 2004, 05:54 PM
No need to explain yourself to others. Only those feeling guilty do that. :D Your no more fouled plugs made me laugh. My buddies RX 1 has fouled 2 sets. Dealer didn't stock them the first time it happened. Fuel economy aint much better. His sled maybe uses 4-5 litres of fuel less than mine on a trip. Enjoy it though.
Explain to your buddy that once the sled starts he can cut the choke to 1/2, let it run there for a few seconds and then shut it completely off. The only issues I have ever heard with an RX-1 fouling plugs is because of using the choke too long.

As far as milage goes, I averged 9 with my 99 mach Z :tongue: .

·
Registered
268 Posts
I really wonder what the actual milage is on a four stroke in compaison to a 2 stroke. I know the 4 stroke will be better but the fiqures in mpg mentioned are sounding a little to high. The worst I have seen so far is 16mpg and even this will net you 160 miles on a 10 gallon tank. 25mpg, I seriously doubt anyone is getting 250miles to the tank.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a friend who has two 2004 RX1's. I haven't talked to him lately but at first he told me he was getting 18-19 mpg's, that is canadian. I talked to my ex-girlfriend who drives with them and she said she burnt $25, with a 2003 edge-x 600, another guy burnt $30 with a mach-z, and my friend with the two rx1's burnt $38 between the two. So i guess they are pretty good on gas.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I just love the idea of the longevity the machine offers on top of mileage, quiet, no more injector oil & running 87 octane fuel.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mighty what the heck are you doing trying to deceive these guys as you bought 03RX1 over a year ago and now have an 04 Warrior. You are something else guess the guys at TY will get a kick hearing about this one. :devil:

41 - 48 of 48 Posts