Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe there is not more posts on there.With the Viper and RX-1 and other upcoming things (secrets) it seems too quiet.I think all of us should go in there a stir things up for toydoc. LOL

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I could remind them about the 2 Vipers I saw being towed into Smooth Rock Falls about 10 minutes apart on my trip in February  

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i think that toydoc doesn't want it any faster then the way it is, in fact he is thinking of giving up the yamaha moderators job to become the moderator in the hedgeclippers forum.  

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Two things may attribute to the slow activity over there. There isn't the number of Yammi riders in the forums which was mentioned a couple of days ago. Second if the typical Yammi owner is like my buddy with the SRX, that person probably couldn't turn on my computer  

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Boy, you guys sure know how to pour it on them yamaha's! Glad I ride a DOO!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Well, if a few things work out correctly, then I'll likely put in my order for an RX-1 either this fall or next.  That reminds me, I need to quit procrastinating on restoring my snowmobile trailer.  I'm going to convert the lights to LED's, replace the deck, and then sand and repaint the trailer.  Not necessarily in that order though.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
ah danr that is not even a fair assumption it is even dangerous to go there.  
  me here with no snow, yah last night a dumping but still not enough to wet my sliders properly.

·
Registered
752 Posts
To Yamaha Motor Corp.

Enclosed is an ever growing list of 2002 Viper owners who are extremely dissatisfied with their snowmobiles. This is a petition, direct to Yamaha Motor Corp., to correct all the problems on our sleds in a timely manner. All of the sleds listed on this petition have had various mixes of the following issues occurring on their sleds. If some have not experienced some of these issues, it’s due to the fact they have only ridden limited, (a low number of) miles, or have only ridden on table top smooth/groomed trails.

hood popping out of bellypan
fuel pump freezing
spark plug caps and wires rubbed thru by hood
hood grinding against dashboard, oil cap, air box and other pieces
hoods cracking
bellypan sagging and flexing
excessive gear case noise on both std. and ER models
overheating and in some cases engine burndown
coolant pump seal and gasket leaks
insufficient/poor quality seat foam
wrinkling seat covers
loose handlebar grips
heater control knobs falling off dashboard
PTO spark plugs fouling
tall windshield still inadequate wind protection
throttle lever rubs thumb raw
handlebar pad wrinkling

THE BIGGEST COMPLAINT FOR LAST:***THE WORST RIDE OF ANY SLED BUILT IN 2002.
Definitely the worst riding Yamaha snowmobile that the members of this group have ever owned. Many of the advertising claims, you’ve made about the Viper , have turned out to be totally false.

My name is Jed Diligent. I’ve taken it upon myself to coordinate this effort to try and help out fellow Viper owners. Let me assure you we won’t go away. Let me further assure Yamaha Motor Corp. that these people I’ve talked with are extremely upset and are telling everyone about this very bad experience of owning a Yamaha snowmobile. I’ve talked with dealers who sell your competitors sleds and they are well aware of the Vipers problems. No dealer, of any brand, wants to give anything for a Viper in trade. Some owners are paying the financial penalty and switching to others brands. Others are spending thousands in the aftermarket to try and fix their lemons. Be assured that this whole situation is damaging Yamaha’s market share and will continue to do so every passing day that Yamaha neglects to correct this situation.

Members of the group are talking with the Better Business Bureau. There is talk of a Class action lawsuit. These people are frustrated and fighting mad.

WHAT IS YAMAHA MOTOR CORP. GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS?

THE CLOCK IS TICKING---WE WANT ANSWERS.

If you are having problems with your Viper and would like to be part of this petition call me at 315-452-0417 with your complaints, your name and your VIN number or you may e-mail this info to [email protected] UNITED WE STAND

·
Registered
752 Posts
found that else where on the net . Thought you might be interested . I guess I should have posted it in the Yami section but I try to refrain from going into places like that... ( just kidding ) ...lol

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I wonder how many sleds out there had more than 1 problem? A sled would have to be in pretty bad shape to have more than a couple of niggling problems. The only problems I had heard of were the fuel pumps & cooling systems becoming airlocked.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Maybe it's because us Yamaha riders are just "Socially disabled" to talk and compare things with other Yamaha riders.

Or maybe it's because while you guys are waiting for snow, we are waiting for WARM WATER to get out the ole boats and Jet-skis.

Perhaps it may be because toydoc is paying us off not to post anything....any sudden surge of posts could result in severe "social frustration" (The idea that you want to say something, but you don't know what)

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
It's called Social Anxiety Disorder and your doctor can prescribe Paxil for it  

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
It's Dr. Revrnd and don't you forget it  
Everything I learned was from Dr. Kildare as a kid. I've forgotten more about doctoring than Marcus Welby ever knew  

I've been called "Herr Doktor" at work, but we won't get into that.

"Next patient please, send me another victim of industrial disease."

1 - 15 of 15 Posts