Snowmobile World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is it that makes Doo the best sled for you? I'm thinking about switching if I'm able to get a new sled next year. Why do you think SkiDoo has the best sled?
I'm just looking to see what you guys think. What's good and what's bad (or you'd change)?
I've never ridden a Doo. Just Cat's and a Scorpion Whip back in the day and my friend's Pol's. My friend's have Cat's and Pol's.
I'm thinking about a 600 Renegade with RER.?.?.
Any thoughts?    

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I personnally don't think they have the best sled, but they are better than Cat.  I would take your time and check all of the other three manufacturers out. Alot will depend on your style of riding.  The manufacturers seem to be going into specialized area's.  Doo and Cat with Ditch bangers, Yamaha with Power cruisers and Polaris somewhere in the middle.

A

·
0 Posts
I thought of switching back to Doo, then I woke up and smelled the coffee.  

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Boy, you Ski-Doo guys sure aren't on the ball today. Nothing good to say about your brand?
Maybe this thread will get more responses tonight.

A

·
0 Posts
I have nothing against the new Doos. I just had a bad experience with an older Ski Doo in 94.  It was a 93 Plus that wouldn't hook up and had no power and couldn't keep it on the trail no matter how much you tried to dial her in.  I had just left Cat when I made this mistake and went right back.  So my opinion is a bit tainted.  I like the newer ones and from what I understand they handle and they look alot better.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I think all the makers have a good sled some just fit different ridding styles.the first choice for me is my dealer is cool and only 5 mi away(he has pol&doo) if you get him on the side he will say rotax are bullet proof pol are a good buy . doos have a good resale.his last 2 sleds were pol with m10 . But that is just MHO.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I've had 2 ski-doo's, 97 mxz and a 2000 formula z. they have their good points and their bad. good, out of the box quality, and fit and finish are top notch. bad point, price.
I still have the 2000 700, but may change to polaris(sks800,144).

just my $.02

FZ700

·
Registered
25 Posts
Started with DOO back in '84 (Safari 377) sled was good but still a Safari, went to a MX in '89 ran that sled till "94 sold it with close to 30,000 miles routine maint. only. '94 mx ran that till "97 sold that with close to 20,000 miles  routine maint. only
' 97 Mach Z ran that sled till '00 sold that with 12,000 miles, replaced 1 stator and routine maint. only. '00 mxz 700 ran that sled till '02 with 16,000 miles routine maint. only. '02 mxzx 600 ran that last season put on 3,000 miles ( new baby couldn't get away much) routine maint. only.
This is why i love my DOO's so much. When i am ready to ride, so is my DOO.  
All of the sled manufactures have a good product, but i feel u can't beat the durabilty of a DOO

Just my .02

·
Registered
858 Posts
I'm a doo guy for a couple different reason's

- For me, most of the best sled inovations were made by Bombardier (DPM, RER, REV chassi, RAVE, RV)

-They have sleds suited for everything and they are specialized for their main purpose. IMO they have best mountain sled (Summit) in the industry, fastest sled (mach Z) best work sled (SWT skandik) best all around sled (renegade) and now, best dichbanger (Rev) DOn't know about touring, never had a chance to try other brands.

-Very reliable products, All the doo's I know have had a clean bill of health up to at least 10,000 km's. Just look at how many 1970's doos are still around.

-Parts are always easy to order, 3 days max, exept if it's really specialized or sold out which dosn't occur often.

-Great service, Bombardier stands by their products and will replace or fix most problem if there is a flaw in their product.

-My brother works at a dealership so I have 30% discount  

-And last but not least, THEY LOOK GOOD  

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Fit and finish is awsome.Great looking sleds.Rotax engines are very reliable,fouled one plug in 5 years on Doos.Never had a problem with anything breaking other than a tail light bulb on my old 00 MXZ 500 in 3000 miles. The SC10 III is the best rear skid out of anything I have ever ridden.

Aslo my dealer was voted dealer of the year for 2 years running.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Ill Tell you why you should switch to skidoo!  Because nowhere else in the industry are you going to find a company as dedicated to making the best and most innovative sled then Skidoo.  

Like previously mentioned skidoo has come up with new and improved systems that enhance the driving experiance (DPM, SDI) But not once did they ever sacrifice performance like Arctic cat did with EFI.

Skidoo also has hands down the best fit and finish in the industry.  Some people claim this is not true but in a skidoo components are laid out in what seems to be just the right place.  They also dont spray down the whole engine compartment with Flat black spraypaint (Artic Cat) or have exposed wires or excessive emounts of plastic (Yamaha, polaris).  

An other reason to get a skidoo is that no matter what anyone else has, skidoo has it and probably had it first.  They also in my opinion are the best sled company to stick up for you (the consumer) if there is a problem(rare).  

Rotax engines are also the best built small engine period.  They use all the latest in metals and design technology, And have produced many engines that are bullit proof (583).  

And finally just look at the design of the Rev, Whether you like the look of it or not, everyone knows that it will be the sled beat in a aggressive trail riding situation because of its advance design and balance.  Almost anyone that rode the rev for more then an hour would trade there current machine for it.

As for your driving style.  I think its pretty obvious,  You want to lake and trail ride with wide open trails like in central Ontairo then a Mach Z is a good pick.

You cant go wrong with a 600 ZX MXZ.  And the 600 Renegade is the best long track mogle smasher there is.

But i wont be able to convince you.  You must go to a dealer sit on a Skidoo and let the Machine convince you.  And it will.  And if you give it a chance you will never go back.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Hey martin,
  Just got back on your puter and typing away. You should be on DOO's pay roll LOL. Hope you  had a god trip.
Caleb

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
They dont need to pay me.  I do it for free.  

In short im just trying to help people come to experiance the sport at the level us Doo guys do.

And yes I really didnt go on a trip just went to my cottage.  I got my Mxz500 ready for winter.  And the Mach Z is trapped at the back of my garage hidden behind boxs and stuff.  I was to lazy to dig it out.   I think i need to feel some cold weather to get that kind of motivation...

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Rotax has always been at the top for power and reliability. I've had two (including the one I'm ridin' now) go past the 15,000 mile mark witout a problem. I get great performance and mileage too.  It seems that with each design series the handling improves. With that said, the factories have cranked it up so much it's to the point where just about anything you buy (provided you buy the right model) will do you just fine.

·
Registered
387 Posts
you guys are making me glad I made the switch.

I have been riding for 20+ years and never even drove a ski-doo but I bought a REV 800x and can't wait to see if all of the above is true - I hope it is!

I had a Viper last year and really enjoyed the tripple, but I like to "ride the tank" and the REV is made for those of us that ride that way - I saw it for 5 minutes and had to have one -

Did I make the right choice?  Lets hear it!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
hi there; i think u have made a good choice also. people are brand loyal as we can see.....lol. but most will bash ..but when they ride with u they usualy say wow ive never tried a bomb like this.....lol! yamaha is nice but with that rear suspention..........man.....
. i have seen a nice polaris  (black and yellow)....hehehehe

1 - 19 of 19 Posts