Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this bikes been getting me a little pissed off for the last couple years. I brought it home form my cabin to figure out why it didnt get any spark. Hooked a test light to the wire coming out of the case for the points and it lighted up tried a new spark plug boot and no luck so i switched the coil it got spark for a day or so but woldnt run. While last week after about a year i got it out again and same problem no spark. So i was going to take it to a buddys house to see if we could clean the points on the way over there i left the cover for the points off and amazinly when i arrived it got spark and ran for the first time in about 2 years or so. He said the points look clean. So last night when trying to run all this old gas out i got home from a little ride and it stalled just when i was about to shut it off. And no it wont get any spark again. I can feel a little zap when i put my finger on the plug but cant see anything when i ground it out. Any ideas? Why would it get spark at one time and not another like this? I jsut want to get the thing running so i can get it out of my garage and back up to the cabin. by the way it is a 79 honda mini trail 70(ct70) any ideas would be helpful thanks alot
mark

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
maybe you have to set the timing, try cleaning the condensors. ??? Good luck. Try a new plug wire as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts