Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know what you guys would buy for your wife to ride. She is at an intermediate level and does not drive very aggressive but loves to ride and does not want to be at the back or front of the pack. I just want some good imput. I was thinking a 02 ZL600ss esr or a 01 Formula Deluxe gse. Let me know I am not brand loyal so lets here it all. Thanks Guys.

ps. She likes my 01 ZR 800 but she can not pull it over.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm not married but this is my two cents since you said your wife has experience snowmobiling that opens more options the zl600ss sounds like almost a perfect sled since its got pretty good power is a comfortable yet great handling snowmobile and well its a cat so that makes it better. Mainly you want a sled that she's comfortable with yet also it be sporty enough to be a back up snowmobile for you anyways i wish you luck in finding the right sled.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Originally posted by petestoy@Sep 29 2002, 11:25 AM

ps. She likes my 01 ZR 800 but she can not pull it over.
You could get it with electric start.Just a thought, or you could start it for her.Some days I cant start my 800 Gade and never on a cold morning.The boys gladly help me out :D :D

·
Registered
310 Posts
Ive never pulled over anything bigger then a 700 triple. How hard are the 800's to pull over?? Im not trying to make fun of anyone, I've just never pulled a "big sled" over. The triple 700 isnt any harder then my mxz6. Is an 800 much different??

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
either would be a great choice,I bet you would buy the doo if you got the chace to ride them back to back.

·
Registered
376 Posts
The zl600ss esr sounds perfect for your wife. Those arctic cat suspension is so plush. I would buy my wife that sled.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I bought a 98 XC600 for the lil lady 4 years ago and it was worked out great. I would get her involved the most as possible. Even though most ladies will judge on looks (sorry LadyK), get her to sit on several different sleds. Make her look around and see what makes her feel comfortable.

If you are buying new, I would look at a SkiDoo Legend and the Polaris Classic. If you are looking used, the ZL is a good choice, so is the FD. Get her reverse at least!!! Also, a great used sled if you can find them are the 500SX Yamahas. They are down on power, but have a great ride. Very lite steering, and that is what your lady will like. That is why mine likes the XC so much. Most newer sleds have a heavy steering (trend towards allot of ski pressure).

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
The ZL 600 is a great sled. I'll probably be getting my wife the ZL 800EFI SSESR, if we do not get a Pantera. I would choose the 800 so when it's my time to ride it, I won't feel like I'm missing anything in the way of power.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts