Snowmobile World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my other riding buddy thinks his 88 Wildcat 650 is going to take my 95 Mach 1 on the lake.  he figures he has some sort of vintage muscle thing going on

he knows i post here and wants to hear some of your opinions.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Um....I don't think so...not unless you pull off a plug cap
Make sure you bet for something expensive

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Not a chance!! that old cat is worn out 5 times over and still wouldent beat you you if it was brand new without a km on it.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Rocketman took the words out of my mouth! Bet him! My buddy did all this work to his 600 and said do you want to race? Well I almost bet a case of oil but didnt and to make a long story short I raced him over and over and beat him by 5 or 6 sled lengths everytime! Should bet him! Oh well. So make him put his money where his mouth is!
                  Ryan

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Snow Monkey @ April 13, 2002, 3:15pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">
uummmmmm!..........What is he smokin?!!!!

NOT A CHANCE!
[/b][/quote]
so i'm heading over to kiddie birthday party, where Wildcat will be.  the lads usually end up in the garage talking sleds over a few beers  

this should bring a few laughs!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
We ahd a b-day party for my little guy last weekend adn same thing.After a bit all the guys ended up in my garage drinkin beer and talkin sleds again.If we aren't ridin em then we're sittin around drinkin and talkin about them.Is it a canadian thing or our are american friends the same way

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yupp, Wildcat was indignant to the message of the posts and wonders if any of the posters were Cat riders  "we'll see" he sez, indeed we will

As far as off-season sleds and beer, i think its a sledhead thing, this other guy keep harping on ' winters over, get over it' so i told him what i thought of his attitude.  

hopefully he'll get over it!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i figured everyone would get a chance to see it here, i'll do as you suggest and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
hi there ; i just luve beeing different so if your both stock.this is how its gonna go, the bomb will pull out front for about 500-700feet then the old cat should pull by with ease. the old cats would run about 90+1or2mph and the old bombs 583 or 617 high 80's

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I've got a buddy who has a 89 or 90 mountaincat 700 that is very impressive, we've never raced because he has electrical problems before we get anywhere but he says he'd keep up with my 95 zrt800. I know my sled is stock except for picks but I don't know what he has done to his.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When you guys race against each other next time, why dont you drive backwords and make it a little more even

I have a wildcat 700 my self, quite tired machines according to my oppinion.

·
Registered
283 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (machz69 @ April 15, 2002, 2:31pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hi there ; i just luve beeing different so if your both stock.this is how its gonna go, the bomb will pull out front for about 500-700feet then the old cat should pull by with ease. the old cats would run about 90+1or2mph and the old bombs 583 or 617 high 80's[/b][/quote]
A 617 will still take a Wildcat 650 with ease and give a Wildcat 700 fits...and that's with the heavier PRS chassis.

BTW, a '95 Mach 1 has a 670 with twin pipes and 44mm Mickeys and is in the lighter F-2000 chassis.  It will eat the Wild Turkey for dinner.

-Rob

1 - 19 of 19 Posts