Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, experts. I have contacted multiple ski-doo dealers and none of them can tell me anything definate.
I have a 1995 MXZ. If the sled is turned upside-down will the engine continue to run normally?
Also, will the newer sleds with fuel injection run upside-down? a.k.a. in any orientation.
Thanks
Christian

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ok, experts. I have contacted multiple ski-doo dealers and none of them can tell me anything definate.
I have a 1995 MXZ. If the sled is turned upside-down will the engine continue to run normally?
Also, will the newer sleds with fuel injection run upside-down? a.k.a. in any orientation.
Thanks
Christian[/b]
Why you doing a flip in the air, I seen a guy years ago flip upside down he hit the gas sled did not stop running, reved high, he crash though, I would think your gas cap should be good not to leak upside-down, cant see your gas and spark going out for a jump to flip, but then agian my sled rpms go down when I pick up the back end.(sometimes) and if the sled is upside down and the float bowls are not full,Would'nt the main jet be sucking air. (im not a expert)Crash dummy

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks
Christian[/b]
For a couple of seconds, The floats hit the top, making it think that the bowls are full, the bowls will empty and you'll be mixing air with air and oil, leaning out the cylinders, causing either your pistons to go poof or you to run out of enough gas that it just dies.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ya, what Roadkill said. It'll run for a little bit, 20 seconds maybe. If you are doing flips, then no problem. But rolling a sled upside down and expectiing it to run, no

1 - 9 of 9 Posts