Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rev model ski-doo and here is a picure:[attachment=33277:106_0699.jpg]

I rode this sled about 100miles 2 weekends ago, and for all of the talk about it being cold without the larger windshield, I seemed perfectly fine. Has anyone had any good or bad experiences about this windshield?
Just to answer and future questions, the temperature was from 5-15 degrees

thanks
Frank

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
I just put a 400x riser kit on my Rev this summer. It came with an 'ultra-low' windshield (just like the 440 racer)...

Everyone said I was going to freeze. I haven't yet and it's far lower than yours. I figure if all else fails, I'll put on another sweater. Besides, it looks cool. :p

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right on!

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I switched mine to a summit style not because I was cold but for the fact that the windshild was making a horrible whistling noise in my open face helmet :confused: . I liked the look, just couldn't stand the noise :wink:

·
Registered
903 Posts
I have the same height windshield as yours and I never find it cold enough to complain...if anything a little refreshing for those warmer days.

The only problem I have is my helmet. You definitly need a good one. I have a few year old HJC that was fine with the medium shield on my old REV, but now it whistles and is downright windy inside.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i just put the 440 riser kit on mine too, the ultra windshield is nothing more than a bug deflector, but it looks awesome. i was actually gonna swap the ultra low for one like you have, but i said the hell with it cause the color scheme was just too good. anyway, the only thing i've noticed is my hands when i'm goin fast for a while. but all i wear is small, x team mechanics gloves, so i'll just wear bigger gloves or stay cold.....its too cool to change for something so minor as staying warm.....lol

BEFORE:
[attachment=33351:da_beast_2.jpg]

AFTER:
[attachment=33353:SSPX0487.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys for all of your comments! SWRules

Frank

·
Registered
211 Posts
i just put the 440 riser kit on mine too, the ultra windshield is nothing more than a bug deflector, but it looks awesome. i was actually gonna swap the ultra low for one like you have, but i said the hell with it cause the color scheme was just too good. anyway, the only thing i've noticed is my hands when i'm goin fast for a while. but all i wear is small, x team mechanics gloves, so i'll just wear bigger gloves or stay cold.....its too cool to change for something so minor as staying warm.....lol

BEFORE:
[attachment=33351:da_beast_2.jpg]
AFTER:
[attachment=33353:SSPX0487.jpg][/b]

The 440 kit is super trick isn't it? I would never go back!
Funny story. I saw an older guy with the same sled as me except his was bone stock - high windsheild and all... he said "the only thing I wish it had, was a higher windsheild." I looked at my bug deflector and said " yea, me too" :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
The 440 kit is super trick isn't it? I would never go back!
Funny story. I saw an older guy with the same sled as me except his was bone stock - high windsheild and all... he said "the only thing I wish it had, was a higher windsheild." I looked at my bug deflector and said " yea, me too" :)[/b]

lol, yeah for sure.

·
Registered
28 Posts
from what I've heard, as long as you have the hand protectors it is fine, a few friends that have the low winshield without the protectors said it was a little chilly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts