Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to gobal warming caused by oil burning two strokes winter will not happen this year. See you at the next ice age. Just joking, but myself and buddies were talking about the escalating costs of snowmobiling. Just got my insurance for my 1999 Mach Z, 150.00. It just keeps going up as the value of this machine drops. Ontario trail passes, 180.00 before Dec 01. Carb cleaning and pre-season tune-up, 200.00. Before it snows, if it snows I have over 500.00 invested. Lets all hope for more snow this year.....

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I wish it was only $500 :bash: That's the price of my insurance alone + $180 for the permit.

With that said, if we have a decent winter I won't complain one bit!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Due to gobal warming caused by oil burning two strokes winter will not happen this year. See you at the next ice age. Just joking, but myself and buddies were talking about the escalating costs of snowmobiling. Just got my insurance for my 1999 Mach Z, 150.00. It just keeps going up as the value of this machine drops. Ontario trail passes, 180.00 before Dec 01. Carb cleaning and pre-season tune-up, 200.00. Before it snows, if it snows I have over 500.00 invested. Lets all hope for more snow this year.....[/b]

By including the cost of the trail pass, you aren't implying that the cost of it has also increased right? Meerly stating all of the things you need to purchase to be able to ride maybe?
Because the price of the permit has remained at $180 now for 4 years and will be the same next year as well. (2008/09 season)

Have you shopped around for insurance? I did, I was with TD Primmum, thought I had a good deal, and switched to BelieversPlus because they saved me $450 per year on my house insurance. The truck and sleds were within $10 of each other. That's a significant savings in my mind.

BTW, the major portion of your insurance cost isn't replacement of your sled. That's why it doesn't go down much when your sled gets older and therefore worth less. The major portion of your insurance bill is for liability coverage and accident injury or death coverage.

Jeff

·
Registered
629 Posts
2 sled
ins total for the year 720
trail passes x 360
pre-season tune-up X2 440

$1520 before the 1st flake even falls, I must be nuts!!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
why dont you all buy vintage sleds and not worry about insurance? :unsure:

Just playing. The only thing im paying for is trail pass and registration, in MI its only $25 for a trail pass and from what ive just read registration is free. correct me if im wrong.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
why dont you all buy vintage sleds and not worry about insurance? :unsure:

Just playing. The only thing im paying for is trail pass and registration, in MI its only $25 for a trail pass and from what ive just read registration is free. correct me if im wrong.[/b]
registration is not free, but not really expensive. has to be done at the secretary of state.

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
LOL, another poor winter and the wife will press even harder to get rid of the sleds, getting tougher to justify the costs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts