Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went snowmobiling in the U.P. on my parents land.  I keep a old 77 panther 5000 up there for pecking around on , I ride laps on trails in the woods. I payed $50 for it and redid the engine ($600) but it was worth it. It sat most of the winter so I figured I got off of work so why not go up north. Any way After 2 pulls it fired right up , so I hop on it and crack the throttle , nothing forgot to take it off the log holding the a$$ end up , go to take it off and see that it spit out the NEW left slide, a the he!! with that took it off the log and took off to go blaze a new trail in the wood and jump some snow coverd dirt piles. On my way through the woods I noticed that the clutchs weren't back shifting , screw that ,so I keep going. while I was jumping it i lost the hood 3 times and ran it over twice all with in 15 min, finally I figured I should just take it off. I only fell off once while jumping and landed on my wallet OUCH!  
. I rode around and was about to park it ,then I figured one more ride before it gets dark(no head light). So I'm fly through the woods at 45mph cause the clutches are still stuck and the engine is over reving and I go to take the corner and BANG!- THUMP! and the sled cuts takes a sharp right. Son of a B. I rore off the right ski on a stump , Oh well , tied it to the back bumper and limped home. When got back I fliped on its side to see how bad it was ,the spindle shered off ,and I lost my other slide. So I figure I did maybe $150 in damage in about 2hrs. OH WELL ,I'll pick up the parts this week and fix it in 2weeks when I have off and can go up again. If that was my ZRT I would be pi$$ed but it isn't so who cares    

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a 1981 Yamaha Exciter 340.  It is a pig.  But I take pretty good care over it.  It is in pretty mint shape.  I would never  let you drive it.  LOL  

·
Registered
741 Posts
I don't think I would ever let you ride one of beater sleds either. I have a 72 chaparral, a 72 bolens, a 73 moto-ski and two suzuki fury's for beaters at my cabin. Kevin

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've got an 89 Tundra LT.  It's ugly, it's slow but there's no place it won't go.  I don't think a better fishin' sled was ever made.  The only thing that's ever stopped it is slush; I try to stay out of that.  Great in deep snow and will climb most any hill within reason.

·
Registered
416 Posts
We have an old mid 70's yamaha. Not sure of year, but if you can get the thing to run, its a blast to play on. It sure makes you realize how good we got it in these new machines. The old ones are still a blast to ride and a little cheaper to fix.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I have an old 73 Cheetah that ain't to pretty but it's more fun than my new sled this year.
I barrel rolled it down a sand pile and it landed upright,still running and away we went.
The trails around here I can go faster through the woods on it than my new sled.
Everyone should have a bomber kicking around for sick fun thrash time.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I love them old "stump jumpers!"  My neighbors have two old sleds with no new sleds.  They put them through #$%%!  They asked me to come with out in the brush with my mxz.  I regret it.  Scratches all over the brute!  Well gotta get the arctic cat lynx running AGAIN!  Well as you all know...it's an arctic cat....and it's broken!  JUST KIDDING!  later

1 - 8 of 8 Posts