Snowmobile World banner

Winter sucks

3K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  Machzzzz1 
#1 ·
This whole winter crap is pissing me off. I've seem a couple of vettes, and a bunch of mustangs drive by my house today all this in the middle of january. Well i hope that they like this because i'm about ready to go frickn pyscho right about now. Then to top it off this is the year that i bought a newer sled. Well i vented a little but i'm still ticked.  

See less See more
#5 ·
guys i remember when i lived at home on the farm, my brother and a few pals went to florida for 3 weeks. this was february 1980 or 81 and the day after he left the temperature sored into the 70's. i pulled out my 1977 {might've been 78} kawasaki 1000 LTD and rode with no jacket on, short sleeved.
 i was lucky that i did some of the early outside work that needed to be done because when my brother got home the first snowflake fell in march. 5 weeks of snowmobiling the day after he go home and no work could be done outside because the winter conditions were terrible right through till the first week in april.

#6 ·
I, too, sympathize.  I've managed to put on only 75 miles this season.  Actually, those 75 miles were so bad, I almost wish I could take them off.  I haven't been on my sled this entire month.  

Right now, I'm trying to figure out what would tick a rider off more:  Having our beloved weather-folk continually predict big snow only to have them be wrong OR having our beloved weather-folk predict nothing but 50's for highs all Jan.

...Seems like I've seen both all winter  

#7 ·
Well, much to my wife's dismay, I broke down on the weekend and bought a 4 wheeler.  Not selling the sled, but had to have some fun.

Of course I rolled it down a hill and busted my ### on a log, but most of it was fun.  One things for sure, if I ever did that to my sled, I would have been crying.  Those things sure are tough.

FishHog

#8 ·
Hey guys lets be greatful for the winter we got last year ! it cant always be the same. I know how you guys feel i changed sleds this year and havent realy got a chance to try her out, the only ridding i do is on the side of the field with just a bit of snow. Febuary is gonna be jammed pack with snow !  

#11 ·
Was watching the news on TV last week.  They showed a closeup shot of an ice-fisherman all bundled up sitting on the ice. (I think he was on Saginaw bay).  - then in the background two jets skis flew by him!    

I was laughing so hard i about fell out of the chair!

#12 ·
I have put on over 700 miles in 3 outtings, but I had to be ready to go with the snow.  If you can trailor, like I can, you can usually find a place with some desent snow.  We do a lot of sledding around Presque Isle and southern Michigan.
Was sledding the Thursday following Martin Luther King Day and was on trails that were 10s.
Alot of people were trailering up into central Michigan where the trails were pretty rough.  We took a trip up around Goegebic too and found that even though they had more snow, the trails generally sucked.  We found the trails to the south to be better.

#13 ·
Winter here sucks also. You would think that in northern Minnesota that there would be a good amount of snow.  Now all there is iare some black dithes and bare fields.  I sure hope we get a huge blizzard sometime in Feb. or March.  That would at least make the winter halfway good.  I too just bulit a sled and cannot ride.  Only put on like 300 miles this year.

#14 ·
Not only did I buy a new sled this year (as many did), this is the FIRST SLED I EVER BOUGHT.  

I've never owned a sled before, and after last winter, I knew this was the year.  Instead of buying a used sled, I figured I'd feel more comfortable buying a sled with a warranty.  

What a great idea.  Next year I'll be riding a new $7400 sled with no warranty.  

I bought a sled because I have nothing to do all winter when my IROC is put away.  So now I stare at the salt on the road and the green grass and get so raging pissed that I can't stand it.  

#18 ·
it damn well better be. I'm expecting rain and wind all summer with my luck. No walleye fishin, that would suck. To wet to bring the Car out. Back to laying on the couch or sitting in front of the computer. Thats my weather prediction. I have lost all faith in mother nature. It will probably snow 3 feet in july

#19 ·
 I can't help myself I have to comment to this post.  You guys got me to thinking and I went and looked at the speedo on my l988 Jag just to make sure I had the correct milage.  2123 miles since Dec 1988  bought the sled new  If I am doing my math correctly that is 151.64 miles a year.    and you are frustrated!!!!!!!!!.   I have been living with this type of snow conditions.  for 14 yrs in PA.     This year I got a 550 panther and already have 285 miles..  I figure I am doing good.  he he he   True I could have ridden more miles if I would have traveled to snow  
but waiting for enough snow in central pa is frustraiting.    The worst winter and real frustratration
was a major winter storm that dumped 24" of snow.  I tried to ride and could not get more than 20 ft before getting stuck.   I was really really Pee  Odddddd!!   by the time the snow settled or melted to where I thought I could ride. It started raining and in about 8 hrs  the snow was gone.   You have to learn to wait alittle  It will get here .  it will snow ( I just don't know when or where).  
  wish me luck I am going to NY feb 13 to find snow.  I know there is some there  someplace  the internet told me.      
  Happy trails

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.