Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer claims guys like Mega bites better than regular studs.  Anybody here tried them?

I called woody's and they recommend them also for the RX-1. 192 1.075's, I was thinking 1.175's but they said that was too long.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I agree with drewalt.  They are a great gripping stud, but unless you are riding perfect trails they wear allot faster than the gold diggers.  If you are looking for a good all around, long lasting stud, I would definitly go with the goldies.

·
Registered
310 Posts
is it a pain in the ### to install picks??

·
Registered
959 Posts
they can be if you dont know what your doing but if you have all the right tools its not to bad

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">is it a pain in the ### to install picks??[/b][/quote]

Everything is easy if you have the money and the right tools.  Another thread said the easiest way is to loosen track tension and remove the two rear skid bolts, letting the track/skid hang down for easy access (rear of machine suspended from a rope/strap/spaghetti/whatever).  Take off belt so it is easier to turn the track (not yours--your sled’s belt, off the clutches--you’ll need YOUR belt to keep the back of your jeans from displaying your butt crack as you drill stud holes.)  Use a template and a stud hole drill bit.  Install studs.  Replace skid, re-tension track.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have an old seat cushion I lay on the floor. Tip the sled on its side and commence to drilling. I don't use the air ratchet too noisy and I do twelve studs at a time so my compreesor would always be playing "catch-up" (too small) I us a 3/8 cordless electric impact from snap-on it takes me about two hours to stud a 192 track. Kevin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts