Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a first sled for my 13 year old daughter. She loves to ride with me and got her safety permit last year. All she has been talking about it getting ready to ride this year. I want to take advantage of that and create another fanatic in the family.

I found a 97 Formula S and was wondering what the thoughts of it were for that purpose.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My mother and father both own them and I use them when I have company over. They are a bullet proof ride and are plenty quick enough for a trail ride

·
Registered
361 Posts
that was my previous sled, a 96, i rode it up until i got my 800, still used to haul me around at 200 lbs, not very quickly but like everyone is saying its a nice, light reliable sled, i say go for it if the price is right

·
Registered
361 Posts

Theres ours, still running strong, she'll do 55+ with me on it if the conditions are right so I would think it would be plenty comfortable and powerful enough for your daughter...

·
Registered
903 Posts
I had an 01 Formula Deluxe 380 (basically same thing but with elec start).

It was a really good sled. The motor was bulletproof. The power was ok for trail riding and it kept me out of trouble. It rode and handled nicely. It was good on gas (around 17 mpg).

Go for it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. Now let's hope it is still available and the dealer will drop to my asking price.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Now let's hope it is still available and the dealer will drop to my asking price.[/b]
If it is gone or the dealer won't budge on price, I just traded my '98 Formula S 380 to Bristow's in St. Cloud last spring. They still have it on their web site. They gave me $1200 on trade and are asking $1900 on the site. Good Luck. They are great dependable sleds that are perfect for beginners. Both my son and daughter started out on this sled.

Boegey

1 - 8 of 8 Posts