Snowmobile World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rookie of the year went to: Michael Island ( Polaris )

Best independent team went to: Scheuring Speeds Sports ( Ski-Doo )

Most improved rider went to: Justin Tate ( Ski-Doo )

International ride of the year went to: Tomi Ahmasalo ( Ski-Doo)

The entertainer award went to: Levi LaValle ( Polaris )

( During Levis acceptence he said he was sick of the Tucker/Blair show.  Tucker then stood up and said...we better see you in pro next season! )

sounds like fighting words  

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
winterfreak,
 that's too bad because if Levi LaValle were to look around at all sports he would see that the greats of sport have raised the bar in all areas for every individual involved in sports and especially the trips to the bank. when gretzky got the big pay so did everyone in hockey get a ratio of his pay and now it has gone to the point where the lowest paid man is the team owner. take a look at michael jordan what he has done for basketball too, i never watched basketball unless he was on the television. the tucker & blair show has people that don't own sleds go to see sno-cross and that is more money in the pockets of the racers.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Were Levi's words meant to be harmful?  Also, does it mean anything when seeing that ski-doo has three and polaris has two of the awards?  I think it might show the quality of the sled and how the brand is doing with their race programs! IMO

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Does this LaValle run in Semi-Pro? Never heard of him.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I figured you'd notice that.
for you
for us

·
Registered
49 Posts
I WAS TALKING TO A GIRL THAT WENT TO THE AWARD BANGUET AND SAT NEXT TO TUCKERS TABLE AND LEVI SAID HE WAS TRYING TO PUT A SHOW OF HIS OWN, BECAUSE HE THOUGHT EVERYONE WAS SICK OF TEH TUCKER BLAIR SHOW

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
revrnd...Levi is a semi-pro rider.  He is SUPER fast.  At Canterburry this past season in his final ( that he won ) He was 8 seconds faster than Blair or Tucker.  Kid has tallent and he got a big ride for next season when he pops up to Pro.  I have to work on him a little bit more to get it out of him.

Basic Bob...What you see is what you get.  The WSA only handed out these awards.  There was no more handed out that night.

·
Registered
2 Posts
..........when levi accepted the award for entertainer of the year, he said that he decided that he would put on his own show cuz he was pretty sure that everyone was gettng sick of the blair and tucker show...everyone laughed, including blair and tucker, and tucker stood up and said " i wanna know when levi is turnin pro"...it was said as a joke, and i don't believe that levi wanted people to take it as something mean. it wasn't a really serious event, there was laughing (especailly when noel kohanski did his motorcross impressions and justin tate accpeted his award in his leprachon outfit) just my take from it.......

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
As of right now Levi Levalle is not too big a threat as he blew out his knee, and will be in therapy for up to 6 months. Last year he broke his nose, so he missed alot of races in the last couple of years.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Do you guys think that Levi will get bumped up to the pros?  

·
Registered
282 Posts
I doubt if he will be bumped up to pro. Look at Judnick he won semi-pro 4 times and he is still there. He should have been bumped last year but from what I had heard Arctic Cat didn't want him to go pro yet. Sounds like a load of crap to me. I believe that the top three from all classes need to be bumped the following year. Maybe I am whining but I can't stand people that sandbag!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would have to agree with Myers... If someone wins 4 times they should be moved up. That is the concept of classes. Once you are on the top of a class, you move to the next one.

I don't know but I do remember growing up..Its about the same concept!

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
myers is right getting tops in grade 2 four years in a row ? some kids might have skipped a grade from when i was in grade 2.

·
Registered
173 Posts
If Levi Lavalle was 8 seconds faster than tucker or blair last year you would really think that someone would grab him up for the pro class.  What was he riding this past year.  I was at Canurbary and remember him but I don't remember what he was riding.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Picking him up for Pro would depend on how much money is in a team's budget. Mind you if a team was to lose a driver they might come knocking his way.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts