Snowmobile World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK.. I typed a big long schpeel and my computer pooped on me. I don't feel like retyping.

Stock - Morgan
Open - Morgan

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
757 Posts
I just hope there's more than one green sled in the finals (like all of last year). If the Olah crew doesn't come through it could be a long season for cat fans.

Stock - Eckstrom
Open - Morgan

·
Registered
23 Posts
Come On! Hibberts how old now? 18, senior in high school? Gees I remember when I was a senior in high school. Strong as an ox, with unbelievable endurance and I wasn't a GOD like Tucker. This ones easy.

Stock: Hibbert

Open: Hibbert

Sidenote: 440 Pro Stock Woman: Lissa Toncray.

Mark my words.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Pro Stock :Eckstrom
Pro Open: Morgan
Hibberts a full time racer know he graduated in the spring I read about it in my Sno-x magazine.

·
Registered
959 Posts
morgan all the way wish he was back on his old 99 sno-pro

·
Registered
310 Posts
Ive got a poster in my room of Morgan on his 99 zr 440. lol. But I think he will take it!

·
Registered
468 Posts
as for championship stock and open i say morgan,but i expect to see them amsoil polaris sleds in victory circle a lot.would love to see polaris pull of a championship now they have amsoil boys.no excuses they could win on ski-doo so should be able to win on polaris

·
Registered
23 Posts
Man, You boys sure are selling tucker short! I had the privilage to witness alot of WSA Nationals last year and seems to me Tucker and Blair were a lap to a lap and a half ahead of the other so called pro's. Did D.J. and the rest of the pack all of a sudden take a magic pill and transform into super studs or are all these postings from the G/F's :inlove: of the riders. Once again Tucker and Blair will Duke it out for the titles!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm a cat man and want A/C to win, but I think Morgan is still the best out there and it will show this year when he wins both stock and open classes. :)

·
Registered
708 Posts
i think It will be a split Tucker 440 class and morgan for the open. Should be interesting to see the new sno-pro versus the new mxzx. Note both sleds are new and may not perform as well as expected! You might see someone on an older version sled do better.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I think you're selling Tucker and Cat short.Don't forget to keep your eye on Gulla this year.He may surprise everyone.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Originally posted by BGTRK19472@Nov 18 2002, 04:43 PM
i think It will be a split Tucker 440 class and morgan for the open. Should be interesting to see the new sno-pro versus the new mxzx. Note both sleds are new and may not perform as well as expected! You might see someone on an older version sled do better.
Blair has said he's looking forward to both sleds being REVs. I can't see the MXZx 440 having problems unless they did something new & unproven w/ the motors. The Open Class sled seemed strong enough & any weak spots will have been dealt w/ before the '03s were built.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
The Rev riders will be eating out of the trophy bowl at the end of the day, back to the open mod drawing board for ac and pol. The revs will win at least 80 % this season, there is nothing close. A hole shot button and a heavier Sno-Pro is not the complete ticket. :doh:

·
Registered
310 Posts
I rode an 03 pro x 440 earlier this week, tried out the holeshot button, i thought it would just ROCKET out of the hole, but it wasnt as good as i thought. Altho it was faster out of the hole, an improvement, it still doesnt have a big advantage over any other sled.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well, I am a cat guy, but if Morgan is on that race day, he is tough to beat, Tucker is similar, but in the past he was not as fluid or smooth in his riding style, his style seems to be more smash mouth, ala Vincint. Now, that Tucker has a hopefully better race sled under him, and no schooling to slow him down. I think he'll at least give Morgan more of a run for his money. Remember; What Tucker is 18 and Morgan 27-28 Years old. Time will catch up to Morgan sooner than later. I hope that for personal reasons that team Olah and hopefully Kent Ipsen do well. He is a friend of mine and he and his family are in our snowmobile club. As far as anything unique out of the Polaris camp: I was at the Goodwin performance shop just before AC race school and there were the two Amsoil Mod sleds being clutched. Gotta Tell ya, similar race chassis to last years model. Although someone in the shop made mention that one might see something different by the end of the season for Polaris, who's to say that it will make a difference and get a championchip for either Tate of Eckstrom, jury is still out on that one.

Overall, I believe it will be a very exciting race season. It is always better not to have total domination by one brand or one rider, makes for more interesting racing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts