Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
??? Whats the new stud rule? I heared that you can still use last years stud pattern. Then I heared you can't. I thought it was only for 2003 models, and from 2002 on you can use the previous stud patterns.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have heard both stories also. Best thing is to check with the series that you will be running. The national and regional events are enforcing this rule so be prepared to pull some studs if you haven't changed the pattern. Both MN districts say that they will work with the riders but I was told by WSA headqaurters that ALL sleds need to comply no matter what year the sled is. Here is a link to the set up from the Polaris race tip page: New stud rule picture Hope this info helps and see you at the races!!!! :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
I will be racing in the northwoods chellange. Do you know what they go by? I checked all my studs are directly behind the lugs and all are in a straight line in the center on the track. I think they look ok.

·
Registered
282 Posts
They go by WSA & ISR rulings. The link I posted will cover what they will be looking for. It is very similar to the picture on the WSA site. The other big issues that NWC is looking for are the ski toes and the snow flap. I am still waiting for my flap extension from the Polaris race dept.

I will be running all the NWC snocross events this season and will also be doing race support for Ultra III Flex skis along with Amsoil. Maybe we can meet up at the races. I run on a Sonic Blue Pro X 440 (#146 Sport 500, 600, Open, & +25).

:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts