Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A month ago I ordered a pipe for my sled, single coated one.I found out today, when I ordered it I was talking to the owner.He told me I would have it in three weeks, that it would be sent next day to be coated and then shipped to me. After no sign of it three weeks later,I called 4 times, and someone was allways going to call me back, as "we're not sure whats going on ...." Today I finally talked to sarah(thats who told me I talked to the owner)and the pipe hasn't even been sent to be coated yet! "Probably be a month before you get it" So I told them to screw it, never mind. What kind of luck has anyone else had with this place??

·
Registered
756 Posts
I have purchased many products from dyno port, never had any bad results.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If there service is as crappy as their website...Good luck! What a waste of internet space.

·
Registered
100 Posts
no kidding,they sure put on a good show in the magazines about how you can't talk to pipe wonderboy rob van who.go to the crankshop,they have always been courteous and helpful to me

·
Registered
978 Posts
If the pipe is for any rotax twins don't bother they don't do anything. Rich Daly was even quoted saying that he makes after market pipes for the twins just to get into the game cause everyone else making money on them. A buddy put one on a 2000 mxz 700 and was getting smoked by stock 700's.
My self I have delt with Jaws Performance pipes are good but service is terrible, you can never get a hold of anyone there.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
If you really want a set of pipes get Aaen pipes i know guys who have them and they are great.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Been & done the pipe swap/less HP routine before. Back in the 80s when I had an 85 MX I tried to order a pipe for it from AAEN. They cancelled the order and gave me my money back when they couldn't beat the factory single pipe. They told me the only improvement would be to go to their racing twin pipes for the 467 Type Rotax.

I ordered the single pipe the next year from PSI and took the sled to C & H Dyno (Jim Czekala's shop in Batavia NY) and tested it. I'm not sure exactly what the drop was but it did. When I called PSI, they said the drop was because the motor had trail porting and wasn't stock which was the intended use for that pipe. Next year when PSI sent me a catalog, they didn't have any pipes or porting for Rotax. I wonder why?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts