Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys ever use a set of the REAL X HPG front shocks?? These come with springs, but are REAL stiff. I was going to try using the stock springs, but they are to short at full extension.Any ideas??

·
Registered
120 Posts
If they are REAL X HPG'S, then you will notice that each shock has two springs on it. One is really small and one is really big. They will be seperated buy an aluminum collar. Take the big spring off and leave the small one there. Now this next part is a little tricky. Take your stock spring and you will notice that at the end of the spring there is a piece bent up. Take the spring over to a bench grinder a carefully grind the bent up piece off. This should make you spring flat on both ends.

Now take the spring and put it on with the collar and the small sping in place as well. There you have it!

After all that I have on question?

Why would you what soffter springs anyway?

·
Registered
77 Posts
on my 600 rev X I just put on some springs I had from a 2000 mxzx 440. the are the two part spring with collar. was hiting some jumps last night and they really helped. I'm just going with the springs on the front for now. today I ordered shims and springs for the back. its to bad the X's arn't stiff from the factory.

·
Registered
211 Posts
If they are too stiff for you, remember that you may want to revalve the shocks. My MXZx 440 was so stiff, you could jump up and down on it, and the shocks wouldn't even budge. Great for landing a jump, but hang on in the stutter bumps! I had them revalved to be a bit softer, and it was a lot better.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well maybe I'll try them and see how they feel, but they sure are alot stiffer than what was on there. Yes they are the real Xs

·
Registered
51 Posts
Don'y bother wasting time and money on the springs I know a guy that for 60 a shock will replace all the seals, oil, and revalve them for you particular riding style, This is much better than changing springs because you will still have a moderate ride at sled speeds instead of driveing a fork truck, Trust me I have been there and that. A revavled shock is the way to go.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I DIDN'T change the springs, I bought some real X shocks, and they came with the springs on them, the 2 piece/alum. collar ones. They are REALLY stiff, but I ended up using my orig. springs ok. Actually, the compression damping is easier on these, but rebound it alot harder, be interesteing to see how these work out.

·
Registered
310 Posts
How stiff are these X shocks?? My standard HPG are WAY WAY WAY to soft for my riding. I need some extremely stiff.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are a little stiffer on compression, and way stiffer on rebound. The springs are VERY stiff and raise the front of the sled alot. I used my stock springs.

·
Registered
120 Posts
If you wanna GO BIG, get the X piggyback racing shocks. If you think hitting a four foot mogal is getting air then get the regular piggybacks because riding hard is not for you!

·
Registered
310 Posts
And how much are the X Piggyback Racing shocks??

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You guys arn't reading what I said, thats what I HAVE are the X piggy back ones. These are the ones out of the Bombi acc. book. They list at $515 EACH Canaidian,I got them for $260 for the pair..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts