Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if it means anything to some of you or not, but the new REV won both Snowcross and Hillcross at the winter x-games.  That thing looks and must run awesome!!!

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
msimpson,looks like the rev is the one to beat.I will buy one,but not sure when(order a 03 or wait another year)I like the looks of the riding position.Most of the time I ride like that.Doo has come a long long way.IMHO Doo is best in the business.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'm not trying to start an argument, but don't you guys think the driver has a large percent of the winning combination.  Other posts list the driver as much as 95% of the outcome.  

I didn't see the guys boasting now covert to Cat when they had Morgan and he was winning races?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I am not arguing driver ability/ and or sled ability. But Karl Custer on the REV, he borrowed the sled from Blair Morgan. Also, do you really think they are going to make a long track REV, cause that is what he was racing. Factory chassis, and factory engine. That has to have allot to do with the success.

Man that hillcross! That is the coolest racing I have ever seen!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Are you saying that Morgan was racing sno cross with a long track REV?  I find that hard to believe!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
No,
Blair has his own race team, with factory support. He gave Custer a sled to ride, they just put a long trac/ tunnel on it.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'm a little confused.  I need a few things cleared up.  Is the Hillcrosss event basically a long run up a hill with some jumps and stuff, but pretty much straight?  If it is, then HP and clutching would be the determining factors of the outcome.

Now, if that is correct, does the new REV have a new motor?  Because I thought it was just an all new chassis and engine position.  I can see how a new chassis would help in sno cross and make a difference, but not in what I think is hill cross.

Why hasn't Doo printed numbers on the REV for weight and hp yet???  At least I haven't found them.  Are they waiting to see what CAT has to offer??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts