Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:sly: i noticed on another web sites forums guys carrying on about who had the "x" first.most claim ski-doo and pick fun at polaris for using it saying they copyed it.this is the farthest thing from the truth .no matter how they have it on the sled polaris has had the "X" in there sleds since the 1960"s such as the TX,TX-L,RX-L,XLT,XCR,XC,.so no matter how you look at it polaris has just as much right to use the "X"as anyone .they didn't start using it until the 80's on there sleds.some say they copyed the pattern on the seats and turned it upside down!!give me a break how many ways can you make an "X" they are all the same.not trying to start a fude here just stating a point for some who maybe don't know that much about polaris sleds and there past. !!! :p ;) :angry: :0: ??? :D :( :nervous: :withstupid: :devil:

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
i noticed on another web sites forums guys carrying on about who had the "x" first.most claim ski-doo and pick fun at polaris for using it saying they copyed it.this is the farthest thing from the truth
I think your first sentence sums it up " at other web sites" ???

·
Registered
190 Posts
My dad had a TX 340 that used to just fly. I believe it was a '76. Wow that brings back some memories.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i want to take a new 2003 xc 700 sp and paint the hood up retro like a 78 tx .since the 2003 xc 's look like crap in my opinion .i just hate those decals.polaris has the word edge plastered all over those sleds like its the only word they know they have it on the seat,hood and trailing arms,what ever happened to the word "INDY"thats a lot better than edge."indy " is like a polaris tradition i wish they would put it back on the sleds

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Polaris may have had X in their name like xlt, but doo was the first to label a sled the X model. Like in the late 80's when they had a limited build Mach 1 "X".

·
Registered
708 Posts
you may want to try posting in the vintage area! you would get alot of better answers there. I do know that in the 70's cat had a EXT model.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
How about who had the first "Z" in their model name? It was Arctic Cat, I think, with their "Z" Cat series of factory racers. I believe it was the first initial of the last name of one of the design/development team members.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the biggest point of it all is who really cares who had what letter first as long as it looks cool and sounds good thats all icare about

·
Registered
479 Posts
A Polaris XLT isn't the same as a REV 800 "X"

Two different things, big deal if it's xl or xlt an X model means it's the top of the line kick but sled

ALL IMO :)

·
Registered
858 Posts
How about who had the first "Z" in their model name
Oh no :0: I hope this wont spark up the old age question about zee or zed :p :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
ski-doo has been using X with their race sled off and on they started in 77 with a special Blizzard X for modified classes.
91-92 MACH1x PlusX MxX
93 PlusX
94 MxzX
97- Present Mxzx

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
SNOW 4 JM, I thought it was BLT :D

AC, :sly: :p :D

Rotax rider, 'doo had an add in Snow Week last winter that showed all the Xs

Any one have any details on the 91 or 92 MX X? I know 'doo tried to race it in the I 500. About all I know is that the rear axle idler wheel were smaller dia. to allow extra travel. Did the sled more travel than the stock C7 skidframe? Any motor mods to the 467?

·
Registered
384 Posts
73 yamaha gpX!!! I think all of the big 4 have used x since the early 70s

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:sleeping: mighty rx-1 i didn't ask a question !i was stating a point that ski-doo has no more right to the "x" than any of the other 3 manufactures .i'm also saying i could'nt care if all 4 manufactures used the "X" because through some time in there history they have all used the all mighty "X" on a snowmobile in one way or another.like i said i'm not trying to #### on the yellows guys snow i'm just trying to make a point that doo didn't invent the letter "X"

·
Registered
664 Posts
Originally posted by anteater@Dec 3 2002, 02:09 PM
:sleeping: mighty rx-1 i didn't ask a question !i was stating a point that ski-doo has no more right to the "x" than any of the other 3 manufactures .i'm also saying i could'nt care if all 4 manufactures used the "X" because through some time in there history they have all used the all mighty "X" on a snowmobile in one way or another.like i said i'm not trying to #### on the yellows guys snow i'm just trying to make a point that doo didn't invent the letter "X"
Yes they do, They were the first ones- I'm not talking about names like XCR,RX-1,XC,MXZ. Ski-doo came out with an X package on their sleds, the only brand guilty of copying is polaris with their Edge X, gimme a break the X even looks the same, It's a clear rip-off. They even made it yellow too. Arctic Cat doesn't call their extreme sleds or race sled ZRx's, They have a little originality, They call theirs sno-pro.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't care who is responsible for all this X crap on sleds, all i know is that it looks terrible. First thing i would do to one would be to peal all those nasty looking graphics off.

·
Registered
624 Posts
:devil: And speaking of "Z" : Mach ZED= OK (Sounds Cool) MXZED sounds cool too! :thumbsup:

Zed Zed Top does not! :D

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Originally posted by AC@Dec 2 2002, 09:14 PM
How about who had the first "Z" in their model name
Oh no :0: I hope this wont spark up the old age question about zee or zed :p :D
Oh ####, the war between the US and Canada....This just made me think of something, in Men In Black, the agents where named with letters, J=Will Smith. K=Tommy Lee Jones, the boss was not Zee it was Zed. More fuel for the fire. Maybe the writer was Canadian. :nervous: ??? :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts