Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the basic seat on my '06 500ss Adrenaline right now, my dad had a Ptek gade with the x version seat, and I love it. Is it worth me spend 400 bucks for this seat or should I be looking at a specific company?

Thanks,
Frank

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
If your gonna spend that kinda coin ya might as well one up the old man. :) Get a BOSS, they are aftermarket lightweight and come in a few variations. Here is the link ....

BOSS Seats

Permafrost

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
I agree. I thought about getting a boss just for the fact that they could put a super soft foam in it for me. The seat is totally customizable.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Watch on Ebay for a used X seat or like the other guys have said, if you are going to spend the money, get a BOSS!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
You might find someone on the dootalk website willing to trade their X seat for your regular. If I had an X I would want to have a regular seat for the trunk and possible 2 +2 option. It might be worth asking over there.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone for all of your suggestions

Frank

·
Registered
438 Posts
Just a note. The new x seats are so darn sticky, I nearly lost my gortex over pants to my buddy's kid's sled. I can't believe how sticky the seat skin is.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
doonut,

that would be the main reason that I would be interested in getting the seat. For one, the seat shape is one that is so agressive and nible, and second, the sticky cover.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Unless you plan on going for a 440X seat (or 07 X seat), save your $$$. I have the racing seat and my dad has the standard. The difference is not worth $400.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts