Snowmobile World banner

Xc 600 Or Xc 800

3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  {XCpower} 
#1 ·
Ok guys, let me know what you think, XC 600 Edge or XC 800 Edge. I have an 800 right now, and I am thinking of moving down because of insurance reasons. I love my 8, but I hear the 6's are just as fun or better in the trails. Am I gonna be dissapointed or impressed with a 600?

#2 ·
Polaris makes a great 600, if you lake race a lot, you might be dissapointed, but if you had an xc800 you probably didnt do too much lake racing or you would have bought a triple. the 600 will keep up with the 800 to a point. on the trails you will be able to stick right w/ an 800.

#3 ·
I have a 6, haven't ridden the 800xc. I have rode 800 RMK's, can't compare mountain to trail though.... I'am pleased with the sled myself, it handles great and can pull tripple digits no prob. With a couple mods(airbox,clutches,reeds)it pulls like an SOB, I like it and think you would be suprised as to how great this sled actually is! Of course this is all IMHO!!!

#4 ·
WHY NOT GET A 700,THEY RUN WITH THE 800 'S ANYWAY,IS THERE MUCH DIFF BETWEEN THE 600 AND 700 AS FAR AS INSURANCE?I PERSOANLLY HAVE NEVER MUCH CARED FOR THE 800 SLEDS MYSELF TO MUCH HYPE FROM WHAT I'VE SEEN.DOO AND CAT BOTH HAD TROUBLE WITH THERES .DEALERS TRY TO PUSH THE 800 ITHINK BUT I PUT MY MONEY ON THE 700 BUT THE 600 IS ALSO A GREAT SLED

#8 ·
Where are you guys geting insurance from? My insurance is $160 and $172 a year . When I had a Grand Touring 700 it was $240 a year. Did you guys try to insure every thing you own / house car truck quad 2skidoos? ete , Its way cheaper that way. The only reason I would think it would be more expensive is if the person would be young! :nervous: :cussing: :hallo1:

#9 ·
The problem started this year, because of so many claims in Ontario late last year.Insurance companys are jacking everything up just like motorcycles. Some companys are sending letters to clients stating their policies are finished and they are no longer insured ,happened to a buddy of mine and he rode a 2000 mxz 700. You have to insure evrything you have with one company , just to get a reasonable snowmoble quote or policy.

#10 ·
It happened to me, I got cut off from my insurance co. I dont blame you for trying to save money, everything adds up from tune ups, replacing broken parts, add ons, trail permit, gas, oil. and etc. I tried a 2001 xc 600 and I thought it was a quick trail sled. It just lacks the power on lakes and long straight stretches, but I find even the 800 twins lack it too.

#11 ·
Thats what Im afraid of , going down in cc's to save money or to even get insurance, and losing out on bigger cc fun.( if there is that much difference) Most riders go up in size because they love it more, or the power is what turns them on, like me. But to have to sacrifice the machine you want ,or have because of insurance reasons really blows. I think I'll try a smaller sled, cause it will kill me to quit sledding.

#12 ·
Buy a 600 chassis and stick a 800 in it :hallo1:

Cheaper insurance and a sleeper to boot :doh: :hallo1:

#13 ·
Seems like through the course of a season I get hit with all kinds of unexpected expenses. I don't like it any more than anyone else, and complain every bit as loud as anyone else. But in the end, I pay it. It's a disease
maybe.

You are the one that will be missing out on the arm ripping acceleration available from the 800. To sit here and try and tell you that the 600, as good as it obviously is, will ever be a good sustitute for an 800.....well you won't here that from me. That has to be your call. If it were 600 or quit, well, that would be a no brainer. I'd be happy to have a 600.

Are the figures you Canadian folks dicussing for liability only, or does that include collision also? If it does include collision, why not drop that part of the policy? I was recently quoted 65 dollars for liability coverage on an 800 here in Mi.....
AL

#15 ·
I have to say this , did you guys try trail smart or mass insurance , you know the ones in the ont snow mag , cause they are cheaper . Thats where i"m insuried with , and they also support trail passes , like give a little off with purchase. If you haven"t tried them give them a call!! ??? :D SWRules

#17 ·
Get quotes on insurance first. Some companies are not much different.
Any company could change pricing later, like even raising it on 600's, so
I'd be pissed to buy a 600 and have it go up, when I could have the 700 or
800 and be happier. My 800 uses less gas than the 600's, and my
insurance was only $10 more a year. After riding an 800, the 600 just
does not impress me, not that they are not strong for a 600.

#18 ·
I have a XC800 and it's the greatest snow I ever ride!!! 1, in de trail, it dosen't have any difference whit the 600. I race the 600 easily in a good bump and turn trail!!! Juste 10 pounds difference between 600 and 800. 2, the 700 have the same weight then the 800!!! But on a lake, someone say the 800 is'nt for a lake ??? I don't understand what he said!! I race an srx 700 2001, a mack Z 800 99, mxz x 800 2002, the MXZ rev 800 2003, and a XCR 800 2002 on a long lake!!!!!! The XCR 800 was the only one who pass me, but after 700 feet only, after 115 m/h!!! Everyone was stock, except the mack z!!! This big 3 nerver pass the XC800, never, on a lake of 5 km long!!!

But for the insurance, i'dont know, I 'm from Quebec and I have a very good deal!! 590 $ canadian only, for full insurance!!! Check at "La Capitale" !!! Check that men, if i was you, i keep the 800 without hesitation!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.