Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I curently have a 99 xc 700 with 2200 miles on it and it only gets 7 mpg!!!     while my friends with 2000 xc 600 are getting between 12-15 mpg
is there anbody that has improved their milage somhow???
i'm curently looking at buying delta reeds (good move or not) i haven't heard too much about boost botles either  my machine is completly stock.  I'm trying to go easyer on the throtle but dosent help much  any info  on jetting or anything would be apretiated

·
Registered
213 Posts
here goes,it all costs money though,  i have 00 700,getting close to 12 mpgs,jetting 190-185, needles 1371g ,bottle. but the best add on is a tempa flow,i run mine like this,engine stock ,never a problem. as far as v-force reeds heard more bad than good with them,petals always chipping.  hope this helps.

·
Registered
625 Posts
That vintage of XC700's are notorious pigs on fuel. They are also notoriously rich from the factory and I have heard reports of lowering the needles 1-2 clips, and up to four sizes lower on the main jets, and re adjustment of the pilot air screws. You just must be methodical and careful in your adjustments, go one size or one clip at a time and VERIFY you results or you will have a cooked motor before long. My advice would be to bone up on jetting articles from magazines or buy a tuning guide for carbs and read it before goin forward. 10mpg is not out of the question on that sled with some care.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts