Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
??? I received some good clutching info from a earlier post on this website,but I need to know if anyone has a good clutching setup for a 98 xc 700 with boost bottles,delta 2 reeds,and PSI twin pipes. I don't know how big of a difference the pipes and such would make in your clutching setup.Another question is if anyone can recomend or discourage shaving the heads and doing some port and polish work to the cylinders. Any help greatly appreciated,I also should mention that my sled has the late style cylinders,I beleive they are 824's if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had a 98 xc 700, but ran SLP pipes with reeds. I used SLP's clutch kit and the sled ran very well. I know it was a 50/36 helix and whatever weights and springs they recommended.

·
Registered
75 Posts
look at slp web site under tech. it's all there.as for the heads it's a must. i have a 98 xc 700 with pipes, reeds, heads, bottle. it screams, it's all power. slp has all info. good luck

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a 98 700 with delta 2 reeds, twin slps,light porting,.020 off the head, boost bottle,bored carbs. I can't find anything better than this. 10-64 weights, Almond square spring- primary. R8 helix with silver/blue spring- secondary. It consistently runs 107 in 1000' with a best of 109. It trail rides great. I'm sure if I really tried it would go even better. for lake racing loosen the secondary spring- trail riding tighten it up! I have gotten 2600+ miles out of this set up with only 1 burnt piston- too lean! these are all off the shelf polaris parts-CHEAP. dont waste your money on some "custom" clutch kit. E-mail me with any questions. [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts