Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of regearing my 02 XC 800. I want to go down a tooth to give it more out of the hole and less top end. Right now I am currently running Dyno Port twin pipes, V-Force reeds, and a Redline Perf. clutch kit. I haven't got the clutch kit quite dialed in yet, so I'm running the stock weights and getting a little bit of over rev. Any ways my question is has anybody done  regearing on the XC 800?  I mainly ride packed trail with a little bit of ditch banging at 0-3000 ft. elevation. I'm not too concerned with top end with a 1.25" track and 144 picks that thought is long gone I'm looking for this thing to pull hard out of the hole and the corners.

·
Registered
852 Posts
You can probably go down two and not lose any top end, your secndary will just shift out to the max, if your over reving you should be more concerned about that, 2 grams should take care of a 2 to 3 hundred over rev PLUS make it accelerate  harder.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about going down 2, but figured it would be too much. I had my heal clickers set up for 68 grams 2 grams more than the stock and I wasn't getting full revs. When I called Redline they think that the Dyno Port pipes are not making as much hp as the SLP. The Dyno Ports are only rated for a 10-12 hp gain. They said to switch them down to 67 grams I just need to play with them to get the right combo. Anyways thanks for the input. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts