Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been told by some people in ou club that a r-12 helix would be better in my sled than the r- 11 that came in it.i have changed the primary spring to a epi yellow cause it was doggy out of the hole.plus it was hard to idle up when cold to clear it.i like the engagement better but wont know about top end rpms till sat. morning.does anybody have any opinions about this.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i have been told by some people in ou club that a r-12 helix would be better in my sled than the r- 11 that came in it.i have changed the primary spring to a epi yellow cause it was doggy out of the hole.plus it was hard to idle up when cold to clear it.i like the engagement better but wont know about top end rpms till sat. morning.does anybody have any opinions about this.[/b]
i toke a 80 mile ride saturday on a trail that had a lot of twist and turns.as far as the yellow spring in the primary[165-310] it was nite and day.almost like adding a extra cylinder.i know have instant throttle response and it goes to 8000 in a blink and starts climbing.never got the chance to hold it open so i dont know what the tach will climb to.i may wait till some of the newness is out of it or just go ahead and get some 68 weights.anyway best $20.00 i spent so far.know if i could get it to track straight.i have new shaper bars.and toing out 1/4.have backed off the front weight and still does it.maybe some duallys,or easy steer plates.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
i have been told by some people in ou club that a r-12 helix would be better in my sled than the r- 11 that came in it.i have changed the primary spring to a epi yellow cause it was doggy out of the hole.plus it was hard to idle up when cold to clear it.i like the engagement better but wont know about top end rpms till sat. morning.does anybody have any opinions about this.[/b]
youll just spin more on takeoff with the r12.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
the 11 starts at 45 and the 12 starts at 50. 50 shifts faster when you takeoff. thus over shifting and making a bad spin worse. when you spin you dont go anywhere.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I run a 50/36 EPI with Silver Pri and Black Sec. 70g Dalton weights. This from many different setups to get it right. I'm sure its a little different with every sled.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I run a 50/36 EPI with Silver Pri and Black Sec. 70g Dalton weights. This from many different setups to get it right. I'm sure its a little different with every sled.[/b]

is the silver and black springs from epi also.whats special about dalton weights??

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
ultraspxse please correct me if im wrong. yes those are epi springs. dalton have a heavier tip and polaris didnt use to offer any heavier than 66 grams.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts