Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I'm looking at buying a 95 XCR, but I know very little about Polaris.
Are these models any good? What are their common problems?
What's the difference between an XCR and an XLT?
Where can I find specs of this model online?
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I also have a 95 XCR.  Crank problems have plagued some, but it seems that if your gonna have problems it's going to be within the first 1500 miles.  I have 5K on mine w/ SLP pipes, EPI clutch kit and a 98 xtra-10.  So far so good.  eric

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey there EGXCR,
I hope you're right about the crank being good if it has survived the first 1500 miles. Mine has 3800 on it, and it's bone stock. It just needs a clutch rebuild kit, and then of course all the things that I'll put on it to make it mine (plastic skis, clutch kit, maybe an arctic cat secondary and maybe pipes)
Do you have any suggestions for performance?

So the X-10 rear skid will just bolt in hey? Does it sit much higher like that? Is it possible to upgrade the front suspension in the same way?

Thanks

A

·
0 Posts
Wasn't the problem on those motors that the crank was getting starved for oil.  The journals being too small

·
Registered
300 Posts
I would suggest SLP for pipes.  I got good gains AND the pipes are very quiet.  

To fit the xtra 10 all you need to do is relocate the rear mounts.  They need to be moved forward a bit.  Yes the sled will sit a little higher.  I honestly don't see the need to change the fronts.  Unless you race the xtra 2 inches isn't worth the hassle or money.

For plastic skis I love the camoplast ones i have.  Probably the best mod on my sled, plus they only run about $210.

hth, eric

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Another thing about the older indy chassis was the rear suspension slide rails, they just loved to crack off and i know because i had two indys and had the same prob with both. I also had buddys with the same problem. I also broke off the A frames in both of them but i learned how to fly with them so mabey that didint help any.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts