Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother was saying that he was having a conversation w/ a classmate of mine about the styling of the XP's hood. He was wondering what BRP was thinking when they designed the "nose" piece w/ round holes. The styling cues of the hood & side panels are angular/facetized. Then it looks like they took a drill & put a bunch holes in the nose @ the last minute.

He said they could've made the holes more like slots or rectangles. He said my classmate says there are aftermarket pieces available which look better.

Has anyone seen these?

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
I haven't seen anything with different size/shape holes cut in it. I have seen one person that is selling 'billet' kits for it where each hole has an aluminum insert that goes into it that makes them really stand out. I thought it looked a little goofy myself! :)

Found the pics I saw:
[attachment=40504:billet_rings.jpg]

Looking again I see what you mean - the rest of the vent holes are all triangular (or at least angular like the big one up front). Maybe it was a strength thing - if they were are all little triangles a crack could start a lot easier. Who knows? I am not a materials engineer...

I am not into adding things just for 'looks' though. :wink:

I wasn't that hot on the 'faceted' look when I first saw them but now I have gotten used to it so it doesn't look strange any more. Sitting on it feels really good - no effort to go from sitting to standing. Shifting your weight brings an instant response from the sled - can't wait try it on the trails instead of in the garage!

For these ergonomics I would have bought it even if it looked like a current phaser or freestyle! :whistling: :p

dave

Attachments

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is Rob Halford of Judas Priest selling those "ring" doodads? Likes a bit too "leather" for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts