Caleb

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
sled dogg have you decided to get one?

·
Registered
278 Posts
First off sorry sled dog for cuting in on you post.

Panteraone, I would like to know how you like the RK tech head. And what does it take to get one ? Deck hight and what did you use to do this, Thanks And again sorry Sled dog.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
i love it,i actually never measured deck height,i just had kelsey make a standard 91(13-1) octane head,you will get more performance by doing some extra measurements,call kelsey and he will guide you through everything.....2strokeheads.com

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
You know, Muskoka....there is a private message function on these forums too...just a little FYI

·
Registered
283 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sled Dogg @ Sep. 11, 2002, 1:36pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What is the weight and travel numbers for the Xpert-X. For the 121 and 136"
Caleb[/b][/quote]
Hi Caleb,

I imagine your project ZX809 is starting to take shape, yes?  Did that Snocross chassis turn out to be in great shape internally as well as cosmetically?

The 121" and 136" versions of the Expert X offer 11" of true vertical travel, as measured at the lower swingarm pivot point, NOT at the rear idlers.  This point corresponds to the point directly below the rider on a 121" sled, so this is where you really "feel" the travel working for you.

The weight of the Expert X is ~60lbs, but keep in mind that we designed the X to be very beefy.  Those CNC-machined rails are 3/8" thick 6061-T6 aluminum and the swingarms are each made of two 1/4" thick 6061-T6 aluminum arms.  It could be lighter, but we prefer to stress durability in our designs.

-Rob

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I should have the motor monday night. I may go get the chassis next week but probably the week after, the kid doesn't care when I come to get it. What does the stock mxz-x race rear skid weight in relation to the xpertx?
caleb

·
Registered
283 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sled Dogg @ Sep. 12, 2002, 12:38pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I should have the motor monday night. I may go get the chassis next week but probably the week after, the kid doesn't care when I come to get it. What does the stock mxz-x race rear skid weight in relation to the xpertx?
caleb[/b][/quote]
That's hard to say since the ZX's final components are often hard to follow.  Over a standard SC-10 II/III, the Expert X saves about 10 pounds over stock, but add in the extra bracketry and reinforcement in the ZX version (have you seen those closed-in rear scissors?) subtract a few sets of wheels and I'd say the X saves around 13 pounds.

I'm anxious to see what kind of shape your chassis is in. What do you plan to do with the stock 440?  Is it fixable?

-Rob

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The stock 440 was toast and sold for $275 on ebay also. A belt got wet water skipping,slipped behind clutch and blew the seals out of the motor. It has been dunked a few times. I'm not concerned with it's shape as I'm going to replace every single bearing,bushing,steering end,etc. I'm going through it from top to bottom. The whole rear skid may just get replaced with and X though. Other wise I'll replace everything to replace there also.It'll be like a brand new machine. Parts are not to much and I'll do the labor. Why do you guys use KYB shocks instead of Ohlins/Ryde FX? I know KYB's are all right but a pain to tune and rebuild all the time.
caleb

1 - 10 of 10 Posts