Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fishing around for opinions before plunking down the money.

How much suspension travel is in the stock front suspension on a '94 XLT? Will an Xtra-10 front end bolt on and give a usable increase in front suspension quality? I have an Xtra-10 rear skid with Holz suspension and Fox shocks installed already.

·
Registered
27 Posts

How much suspension travel is in the stock front suspension on a '94 XLT? Will an Xtra-10 front end bolt on and give a usable increase in front suspension quality? I have an Xtra-10 rear skid with Holz suspension and Fox shocks in the back already.[/b]
im playing with a 93 440 right now got 2 sets of Extra 10 arms ,its do able but its gonna require some work forsure,the radius rods are the trouble right now the are whats gonna require some tweaking to fit,the sway bar might not be reinstalled,and you gotta use the stock steering as the CRC will require a ton of mods and cutting welding ,Im thinking of just reusing stock hardware and put in the extra 10 Fox shocks that came with the front end stuff

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

How much suspension travel is in the stock front suspension on a '94 XLT? Will an Xtra-10 front end bolt on and give a usable increase in front suspension quality? I have an Xtra-10 rear skid with Holz suspension and Fox shocks installed already.[/b]

i did it to a 91 indy 500.i used a set up from a xc600-1996 or so.made it handle a lot better.less tippy.looks cool too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i did it to a 91 indy 500.i used a set up from a xc600-1996 or so.made it handle a lot better.less tippy.looks cool too.[/b]
Yes those are the IFS arms im using ,they fit very close to the stock ones,what radius rods did you use as the extra 10s have shorter upper arms ,any pics/tips

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Yes those are the IFS arms im using ,they fit very close to the stock ones,what radius rods did you use as the extra 10s have shorter upper arms ,any pics/tips[/b]
i goteverything on ebay.radius rods-tie rods-trailing arms.spindles.i had to get the sway bar from als in vermont.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts