Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to make the suspension on my 96 super sport stiffer but don't know what to do. any time i do any thing it bottoms out what can i do ???

·
Registered
111 Posts
Depends on what your weight is,the fastest thing would be to adjust the rear torsion spring to its heaviest setting if you have already done this,and or it doesnt do the trick, get a set of heavy duty springs,if the shocks are rebuildable,have them done,but have them put in valves matched to your weight.and riding style,just make sure you do one thing at a time, and see if it gets you where you wanna be hope this helps :) ,good luck.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I don't remember if those are rebuildable or not, but if they are don't mess with anything until you've got freshly rebuilt shocks! You won't believe the difference, its not just hype. Much firmer yet a lot better riding. It's amazing how you don't notice the gradual fade as they're wearing out, but the sudden change when rebuilt will remind you.

·
Registered
660 Posts
The XTRA-10 is one of the best suspensions out there in my opinion. It just needs to be dialed in for your wieght and ridding style.

When does it bottom out?
If it bottoms on jumps you should consentrate on torsion spring stiffness. If it bottoms over small bumps its a coupling problem.

Are you running it coupled? If you are not, you are losing some of the weight transfer potential of this suspension. Check your RRSS and FRSS blocks to be sure they are set up to couple the suspension over medium bumps. Don't couple it too soon because your ride will be too stiff.

PS. Those little wieght chart and troubleshooting tips posted inside your sled are garbage. One one has ever been able to troubleshoot anything with them, they don't give enough info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts