Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Has anyone ever swaped out an XTRA-10 rear suspension for the XC-100?

I would need to know the locations of the tunnel mounts and other specifics to pull the job off. I can get an XTRA-10 from a snowmobile junk yard and would like to pull the switch.

Is there any other challenges that I'll need to face? Or after the mounts are re-set will it be a no brainer?

Thanks,

Captn

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
im wonderin that same thing........i found this link off-road that has installation of it. It contains specs for the new holes, but thats with a rolled chain case so i dont know if they are accurate.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's the info I have found on it..... so far.

1) Does anyone have a spec. I can follow for location of the tunnel mounts?

2) To balanace out the sled should I update the standard IFS suspension 8" to the XTRA at the same time? If so what does this entail, from looking through the specs of the ''95 models would I need to update the trailing arm, and links (stearing and support)? The stock supsension I have now has a 40" ski center to centers stance, the XTRA had 43.5".

3) About how much should I expect to pay for a used but good shape the xtra-10 with shocks?

Here you go for the measurements.
Xtra 10 Mounting measurements.

Front Arm Mounting Hole:
Back from steering hoop: 5 3/4 inches
Down from top of tunnel: 4 1/2 inches

Rear Arm Mounting Hole:
Back from front hole: 23 1/2 inches
Down from top of tunnel: 4 1/2 inches

I wouldn't worry about upgrading the IFS, just use some good Fox or Ryde FX shocks and you'll be good to go.

Topic has been covered quite a bit around here, do a search and I'm sure you'll find enough info and there are two excellent articles at snowmobile online that cover this too. Follow their info and you'll be set, don't read too much into it and don't go looking for exact measurements from a '96 Indy Trail, it isn't needed. You end up moving your bolt holes like 1.5'' each and that's it.

The Sno Stuff kit is a joke, it only adds a longer rear torque arm and longer shock, does not give you front arm travel increases and is not coupled either. MCB Performance has a used Xtra-10 with Fox shocks right now for $300 USD.

:p I bought the suspension from MCB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts