Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Xtra 12 don't go all the way up. I have changed the spring torsion for bigger one but its not better. The compression of the shocks is good (and its set to max). It is possible that its my spring in front and/or rear that are damaged???

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
It's most likely past due for some preventative maintenace.
One of the cross shafts is probably frozen up. Take a few minutes and using a flashlight find ALL the zerk fittings and lube them. Then go for a ride and see if things don't get a little better for you after a few miles. If any of the zerks won't take grease, replace it. It's important that everything be greased really well. If that doesn't do it the suspension should be removed and inspected carefully for bent/broken/
siezed up parts. You'll have to deal with those as you find them.
AL

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The suspension was already inspected. And all seem to be ok.  The problem is not due to a frozen part cuz i inspected the suspension in a shop. I will try to grease like you said. Not enough grease can cause a problem like this?

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
One of the parts in your suspension is not moving freely to cause the problem you describe. Most of the time this is due to lack of lubrication/ badly corroded parts. There is also a chance that you could have badly worn or bent parts. No doubt either should have been caught and dealt with during a professional inspection. To deal with it now, I would do as I suggested earlier. Please note you are probably looking for something the shop didn't catch. This is going to require extra attention on your part, most likely. My guess is if you give it
a good lube job making sure ALL the zerks are found and lubed, your problem will go away after a short ride. Make sure you reset the suspension for your weight afterward.
AL

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok then, its not my spring that cause this? like i was thinking. I will grease this tonight and give you some update

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by fortress@Jan 15 2002, 01:16 PM
ok then, its not my spring that cause this? like i was thinking. I will grease this tonight and give you some update
[snapback]2708[/snapback]​
did you ever figure it out?mine is doing the same thing and has been checked as well?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts