Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately I have to put my old 440 up for sale. I have a line on several sleds coming for sale the fall and I need to make some room in the stable (and a little cash) if I plan on bringing anything home.

Here are the specifics

1983 Yamaha 440SS
8200 miles
I replaced the rear suspension, it is updated to a 121 track and suspension from an 87 Yamaha Phazer.
Have a Wissco Piston kit with rings and gaskets (the deal was to good to pass up incase I ever needed it)

The motor is starting to get a little tired, I did a compression test in the fall, it was pushing 102psi per cylinder.

I recovered the seat a few years ago, there are 3 small rips in it now. Last year it sat out in the snow all winter, this put a beating on the seat and the snow flap.

There are 2 stress cracks in the tunnel just behind the Gas tank. I have had this portion of the sled apart from the top and bottom, the crack does not go across the tunnel it is localized to the corners. I have drill stopped the cracks, if the sled is still around this fall I will have the tunnel welded / reinforced in these areas.

The sled still starts on the 3rd pull as it always had.

I am willing to take offers or use this as a partial trade for a 2 place trailer.

I would like to get $500 for it. The sled runs very well.

I have always thought this would be a great starter sled for a young teenager, it will give them respect for the newer sleds out there with massive suspension.

The main reason I kept this one around was for my GF to ride, she never went last year. I did put some miles on it (around 60), but I cannot stand seeing it just sit around. I would rather see it go to someone that will enjoy it.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions. I am not on here every day (more like once a week) so it might take me a little while to get back to you.

Thank you for looking

Attachments

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Willing to consider offers.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump....

The Classic is still for sale

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thats a nice sled if I had some money I would consiter buying it

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since this question has been asked several times in the last few days I am updating my post about the sled.

Yes, the sled is still for sale.

It is located in Grand Rapids Michigan

I am willing to entertain meeting the individual that is buying the sled some where between Grand Rapids and their home (up to 100 miles) for a cost of $.75 american.

Certified Bank Check or Cash only...

If there are any other questions and / or you would like additional pictures please PM me.

Thank you
Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you would be willing to meet me on my side of the boarder, I would like to see a few more pics of the sled. The only reason would be for ease of getting it across. They don't like us bringing things like that back. So they charge us rediculess fee's and give us a hard tiome. I don't know how far that would be exactly but I am interested. I am not out to waste your time. If I could see some more pictures I will make up my mind. Like I said I don't want to waste your time but I am a yamaha guy. Please let me know. [email protected] or [email protected] Thanks Ian Hunter

Since this question has been asked several times in the last few days I am updating my post about the sled.

Yes, the sled is still for sale.

It is located in Grand Rapids Michigan

I am willing to entertain meeting the individual that is buying the sled some where between Grand Rapids and their home (up to 100 miles) for a cost of $.75 american.

Certified Bank Check or Cash only...

If there are any other questions and / or you would like additional pictures please PM me.

Thank you
Paul[/b]

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump....

The sled is back up for sale.

Make me a reasonable offer and it is yours.

I am willing to deliver for an additional fee, but I will not drive across the border into Canada.

If you have a 2 place trailer (Open or enclosed) that you are willing to part with, I would consider the sled as a partial trade.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts