Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently bought a 1980 Yamaha Enticer 340, i dont really know a lot about these snowmobiles, it has a carb issue, when the enrichment cable is out of the carb, it idles high but makes power, when the cable is in the carb (not turned on) it idles good but doesnt make any power. Also it needs skis and a track, ill probably get them used. what size track would be on a 1980 enticer 340 short track? one last thing, how would you change the engine oil, i cant find anywhere online how to change the engine oil on a Yamaha Enticer 340 2stroke dual cylinders

any knowledge is helpful and appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
1st, there’s no oil to change on a 2-stroke. If it has an oil tank you pour you’re 2-stroke oil in their and it’s injected into the carb with the gas. Older sleds the oil was mixed with the gas then dumped into the gas tank. Yes they had a shorter track as they were smaller sled. I think there were . only 2 track sizes, reg track n the long track. The enrichment cable I’m confused with thst. Not sure wat ur talking about there ,never used that term. . Not all ur answers but a little info

1 - 2 of 2 Posts