Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1988 Exciter and is in great running shape. Whenever I get into deep snow I have to go like hell to keep going but if I try to turn I cant turn and go up on pne ski and then I have to slow down to get control again and then she bogs. It will not go at all like it is flooding or something. It wont open right up and spin the track it justs sounds like its bogging from to much fuel. Is there anyway to fix this problem, we have some deep snow right now and I would like to ride.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My Phazer does the same thing. Try closing the vent in the nose cone to prevent snow from piling up around the carbs, fuel pump, and electrical connections.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My Exciter did this also, snow and water getting under the cowl. Died completely after water crossings sometimes. Looking at the air vents I could see that covers could be screwed on but my covers were missing. Covered all but the top vent hole with black duct tape from the inside, problem solved. As IceFisherman mentioned there is an adjustable vent in the nosecone which I also closed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts