Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in '93 for the '94 model year Yamaha gave you an extended warranty if you snow checked a sled. A friend of mine at the end of the second season had problems with his VMAX 600. I could easily beat him on a lake with my '95 MXZ 440. That week he took it in to the dealer and they would look at it. The phoned him and said that the secondary bushings were worn & it was binding.

They were pretty sure that Yamaha would come good for the bushings. Later they phoned him to say that yes the parts were under warranty, but the bushings were on back order & they didn't know when it would be fixed. He ended up just trading it on a '96 VMAX 600.

The extended warranty was supposed to be a selling point, but I wasn't impressed with the way the dealer was hesitant about the repairs.

Did anyone else ever have problems with an extended warranty?

·
Registered
731 Posts
After I bought my Yamaha they (Yamaha corp.) sent me a letter to see if I was happy with the sled and dealer prep (I was). If I did't like the job the dealer did on the prep, I could take the sled to any dealer I want to have it prep or setup at no charge.
I have not had to use the extended warranty on any of them  

Your friend ended up getting another Yamaha "96 VMAX 600"so he must have been impressed with something.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's got blue underwear. I think it would take a major catastrophe for him to switch brands. His '86 VMAX 600 turned out to be either a pig on gas or suffered from a small tank. He ran out of gas on a day that was -40 after 83 miles & we weren't pushing the speeds because it was so cold. He had a SRX 600 after that, nothing special. Now has a Viper Deluxe.

I just thought that it was cheesy the way they were  
 him around about a warranty job. He said the main reason he bought the '94 was because of the extended warranty. Then when he goes to use it, the hemming & hawing starts.

Last edited by toydoc at April 18, 2002, 06:18am

1 - 4 of 4 Posts