Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this article from another site. I wonder where Yugi and Vincent will go?  Will Yugi go home? I don't know if anyone will take Vincent.
What have you guys heard?

-------

The rumors circulated after last season and this summer that Yamaha may not field a factory snocross effort for the upcoming season.

Yamaha officials said at Haydays that the rumors are true - there will be no factory-backed Yamaha snocross team this season. A Yamaha official said that Yamaha's corporate philosphy is they race what they sell and sell what they race, and now they don't have a product that applies to snocross - namely the RX-1.

Instead, the manufacturer is looking at other winter racing disciplines that might include enduro racing and some extreme types of cross-country racing like the Iron Dog. It's unclear at this point if Yamaha will return to snocross racing.

After returning to snocross racing in 1997, the Yamaha team had varying degrees of success. During the 1998-1999 season, Nathan Titus nearly won the Pro Open points championship. A year later, Titus blew out his knee and never returned to racing for Yamaha. Other drivers that have raced for Team Blue since 1997 include Jesse Strege, Chris Vincent, D.J. Eckstrom, Carl Schubitzke, Tim Maki, David Brown and Yuji Nakazawa.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Yamaha only ran open so it makes sense that they would pull out all together. As far as there riders go I would expect to see Yugi on a acrtic cat and vincent drinking a beer on the sidelines.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Who are the blue underwear types going to cheer for?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Polaris makes blue sleds so the blue underwear guys can cheer for them. As far as vincent goes he either needs to get with a team and show them he can still compete or stay on the sidelines. His best shot would be to get with some kind of independent Yamaha team and give them the factory knowledge he has learned.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I talked to Vincent once at a Yamaha function.  He came across as a smug jerk.  Let's qualify that this was my impression at that given moment but others must have the same opinon.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I am VERY good friends with Chris Vincent and it ills me to see so many people judging others.  No one understands that the end of November he leaves to sno-x and don't get back home until early April. ( Besides Christmas break ) The hype about being on the road goes away after a while, you would have to miss home? His job is like everyone elses, long and hard.  It's not all fun and games, it's their life style.  Im not just defending Chris, but defending all the drivers.  There are good days and bad just like yours and mine.  So what if they were crabby one day, look at how you act after a bad day at wokrk They are regular people, cut them some slack!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Winterfreak,
Do you know if Chris will be racing this year, and with what sled?  Any inside info?

·
Registered
757 Posts
WINTERFREAK - Like I said, that was my impression that day.  I think everyone understands that poeple have good and bad days.
I wish him luck in whatever he decides to do...

·
Registered
176 Posts
I always liked chris, he is from the north east and just like ricky craven worked hard to get were they are my hat`s off to them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts